Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All...first post here.
Recently bought my first Alfa - 2011 159 2.0JTDm Ti and got the wheels alignment done by Peter @ PCA Dynamics (thanks to the recommendations here) as the front tyre's inner edge were bit worn out.

My annual mileage is around 9-10,000 miles and daily one is just 18miles (mostly B roads), so I'm wondering whether I will be better off getting a remap, DPF removal and EGR disable done now itself. Will shorter mileage cause DPF/EGR issues if it is left for long?

Is NJS the go-to place for this in midlands?

Also got the issue of back-box rust to deal with as the outer layer has almost peeled off (car is just 4 years old), any idea how much it will cost to replace just the back-box?

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,833 Posts
Hello All...first post here.
Recently bought my first Alfa - 2011 159 2.0JTDm Ti and got the wheels alignment done by Peter @ PCA Dynamics (thanks to the recommendations here) as the front tyre's inner edge were bit worn out.

My annual mileage is around 9-10,000 miles and daily one is just 18miles (mostly B roads), so I'm wondering whether I will be better off getting a remap, DPF removal and EGR disable done now itself. Will shorter mileage cause DPF/EGR issues if it is left for long?

Is NJS the go-to place for this in midlands?

Also got the issue of back-box rust to deal with as the outer layer has almost peeled off (car is just 4 years old), any idea how much it will cost to replace just the back-box?
Diesels and DPF's don't really enjoy short distances and too many short trips can cause the mundanity of forced regens and other nasties. From around Feb this year the government very kindly made it illegal to completely remove the DPF from any car that was factory fitted with one, although some people do it any way and leave the casing intact as the MOT involves a simple visual check only. I had the EGR was blanked off some time ago as my car suffered from the standard 'stuck open' syndrome and slipped into limp mode, not fun at the junction of a dual carriageway. I'll say that the remap/EGR delete is the best thing I ever did to my 147, more power, no stuck EGR and better fuel economy. Plus just getting the EGR delete in most cases simply blanks it off, so if messing around with the EGR gets banned then you can simply have it reversed.

Whilst I have a 147 most of the pointers above will apply, all the work was done by Dan at Autolusso and you won't go wrong there.

Hope this helps.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I am at my wits end. Got 07 159, 90k on clock. Struggle for power. DPF regenerated last Friday, power went again. New ERG fitted Tues. Now, despite having the power back, its stuttering in every gear. I only do about town mileage but been using Miller's eco for 18mths or so and its been OK. I'd be grateful for any advice as to what the heck I do now? Thanks ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts