Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've gone through many 24V in 12V swap threads and think I have a good clue about the basics. There are two ways of doing it, either a 164 motor or doing plumbing from the back of the engine. I think there's weight to the argument that if one would do such a big operation like a motor swap it's only worth doing the 3.2 version and get real power with some mods. I don't like the idea of having the pump and thermostat in the back against the fire wall and I've read somewhere about retrofitting the 164 assembly over to newer motors but I haven't found any more info on that procedure and that's the reason for this thread. I've seen pictures too with supposedly 3.2L swaps with the assembly mounted in the front.

In short: Does anyone know if this would be possible and maybe if there are some threads on it that I've missed? My guess is that it's too involving but I'm interested in what others have to say.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Looking at the 164 manuals, the thermostat housing bolts onto the top flange of the water pump in place of the transverse pipe and fittings.

The fitting with o rings at the right hand side of the cylinder heads will need pipes running to the stub pipes marked "lines from cylinder heads" on the top image.
It should be easy to achieve if parts are availible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts