Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again , so the first thing that come in mind when you try to explore a car is how reliable is....here in Cyprus i hear from some people saying that Alfas has a lot of electrically problems(lights, imanage etc)

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
LOL if you look after the car it WON"T have those problems, yes there are some electrical problems on SOME models more than others.

But I'm sure on your E46 there have been or WILL be electrical problems?

Take a look at Mercedes...they have huge light problems....also E46 has electronic petrol pump problem...this is KNOWN facts!!!

You buy an ALFA for pure passion and joy...not for reliability mate...the reliability part comes when you treat it like you treat a lady...real GOOD!

show us your Alfa pic when you got one...remember choose carefully and always DEMAND service history!:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL if you look after the car it WON"T have those problems, yes there are some electrical problems on SOME models more than others.

But I'm sure on your E46 there have been or WILL be electrical problems?

Take a look at Mercedes...they have huge light problems....also E46 has electronic petrol pump problem...this is KNOWN facts!!!

You buy an ALFA for pure passion and joy...not for reliability mate...the reliability part comes when you treat it like you treat a lady...real GOOD!

show us your Alfa pic when you got one...remember choose carefully and always DEMAND service history!:)
Actually i didnt have any problem yet
Basiacally i m waiting brera 1.75 turbo, they told me that they are waiting prices on summer, i hope will be cheaper than the 2.2. because of the tax 2.2 cost 44000 euros( above 2.0 litres car have lot of tax)

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
It'll be as reliable as most other modern cars. Some Alfas do have some specific problems that occur but I don't think they're any worse than any other manufacturer (apart from Japanese and old Mercedes)... just Alfas are rarer cars, so people don't know how to fix the problems, so the problems may come back or are "a lot of trouble".

Ralf S.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way talking about brera tbi, is it a sport car? i mean its suspension, brakes etc or is just a quick engine? if there is a topic that refer to this just paste it

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
by the way talking about brera tbi, is it a sport car? i mean its suspension, brakes etc or is just a quick engine? if there is a topic that refer to this just paste it
No reviews yet so no-one knows what it will be like. If they do a Ti version this will be more sporty than the standard SV, which is quite soft and more of a grand tourer.

E

·
0 Posts
I am on my 3rd alfa and 8th Italian car, and in my experience they have all been as good as any other car. None have let me down, and on this one the only problems I have had were very minor and sorted under warranty. These were a faulty trip computer and air bag light.

If you are buying new look after it and it will reward you. If buying second hand make sure it has a good history and has been serviced properly. I think a lot of problems stem from poor maintenance coupled with the fact that alfa's tend to be driven "enthusiastically"

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I ve had my alfa for almost a year now.
No problems at all.
(Except a very few minor "bugs" that are acceptable!)
I don't think that Alfas today are less reliable than Mercedes and BMWs.
Im my family we have 3 Mercs, and all of them in time had quite a few issues, especially electrical.
(some of them were serious, like gearbox)
And also, as I here from friends, BMWs now have their issues too.
So I think NOONE will ever convince that Alfas aren'y reliable

·
Registered
87 Posts
I agree, Alfa's are just as good as any other car on the road. Had mine for a year now and I haven't had any serious problems at all. Just take care of it and trust me mate it'll take care of you.

My uncle always had a digg at me for buying my alfa and always said "watch when you break down constantly, then you'll regret getting one". You know what happened?..................his S class Merc's engine blew on the motor way and he got towed all the way home.

I couldn't resist and give him a digg back by texting him "What happened to your 60k worth of reliability you bought then?"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts