Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not jinxing my car but in work a number of people have recently bought new cars, an XE and XTrail. The XE is in to have it's ECU replaced with only 12,000km on the clock and the stop start on the XTrail has caused so many problems the owner has had it permanently turned off.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
The most recent issue of Auto Express lists franchises and the percentage of owners that have experienced problems. Most manufacturers had 10-12%, including the supposedly superior Germans and Japanese (even Lexus has 12%) but Jag were out there on their own with 25%!

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,341 Posts
ANY problem with an Alfa Romeo however small will have the pundits sucking air through teeth talking about low residuals and reliability being a problem.

·
Registered
384 Posts
ANY problem with an Alfa Romeo however small will have the pundits sucking air through teeth talking about low residuals and reliability being a problem.
Alfa's reputation with the general public is still not good, in 2008 I lost a friend through it. He's the after sales manager at a big local group selling Honda/Nissan/Mazda & Peugeot. He told me I was making the biggest mistake of my motoring life when I said I was planning to swap my Saab turbo for a 159, got quite heated, told me I'd come crawling back when it continually broke down and fell apart. He was wrong of course, over three years the car was a delight, never missed a beat, and the only problems I had were with the Alfa dealer who later lost the franchise, but "friend" never spoke to me again. I think the bad old reputation is wearing off though, the few people I've told were quite excited by my choice of a new Giulia, the current perception seems to be that they are quite special, though maybe they were just admiring my bravery...

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,341 Posts
That was no friend.:grumpy:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I m 2k in with my new Giulia and no issues at all, no regrets feels special and drives amazing I think Alfa got it right with the Giulia, sales in Italy are high it's a shame that they haven't taken off in the U.K. But that's more pre conceptions and ignorance
I think it's the best car in it's class you just need to look at the reviews

1 - 7 of 7 Posts