Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys,
I guess there is a proper way of releasing the ignition coil from the connector without inflicting damage on the brittle plastic. Could someone share the proper way of doing it, please? As I am about to change the coil on cyl 2 and wouldn´t like to make a mess out of one of the easiest jobs on a car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Note to self and others interested, use a flat screwdriver or knife to release the connector. There is a flat plastic like a drawer that has to be pulled out to release the coil. Managed to not break anything...except the fixating bolt :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Note to self and others interested, se a flat screwdriver or knife to release the connector. There is a flat plastic like a drawer that has to be pulled out to release the coil. Managed to not break anything...except the fixating bolt :rolleyes:
Thanks for posting the solution. A picture would be helpful too, if you have one?
Sorry to hear about the broken bolt, I hope its not too difficult to get the broken bit out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have a pic, but might snap one tomorrow. It is on the left side of each connector.
As for the bolt, I might try out one of thise extraction kits and will tell. Never happened to me before, but there is a 1st time for everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts