Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, OK. So it is not much of a convoy at only a 30 minute drive to Stanford Hall - but who fancies it? Suggest meeting at Leicester Forest East services on the M1 South at 9 am, convoy off at 9:30 to get to the full meet point at some dodgy Travelodge (LE17 4BP) with the rest of the AOers before the big day of fun?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just did my RSVP, looks like a slow start so far but hopefully we'll get a few together....... Anyway see you at 9-9.15ish, i'm coming down from hucknall so should be on time! I'll be in a Metallic black 156 GTA that i've hopefully had time to wash

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow - a response! :thumbs:

I was just about to check in here for any stragglers, dust off the cobwebs, turn the lights off and close the door on the way out.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"two vehicle convoy" in google brings up nearly 2500 hits so I'm happy to believe that two is, in fact, a convoy. If it really comes down to just us we can meet in some shady car park in Notts and convoy the whole way.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm sure our fellow midlands alfisti brethren won't let us go alone but if so i'm pretty easy with meeting points to be honest (even in shady car parks-just aslong as it's not at 2am and i've got to flash my headlights and have my sunvisor down to attract attention:lol: ) directions on the other hand are my weak point......... Extreme cursing, reving of engine and tyre screeching have always helped in the past but i'm sure i can follow along nicely. I've had a quick scout on the other forum areas and so far i've seen no other "convoys" that might be coming down the M1 but i'm guessing things will fall into place closer to the time.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I intend on meeting you guys and convoying!!!

Iv just got to do most of the journey by myself :( weep :'(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ok fellas, i'm still on track for 9am at Leicester forest east services (assuming this is still the venue?). I'm getting some new shoes put on the bella on saturday morning then a fill of go go juice, quick wash/wax etc then off to pub......... Here's to a good turnout chaps and i'll meet you on sunday, keith.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Well, i dont have a clue who anybody is!!! Please come and introduce yourselfs when i pull in!!! lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Be good to see you guys at the services. I shall be there, silver GTV, likely unwashed, probably pacing around looking tired. I'm sure the event itself will have an amazing turnout getting on for 50 - even if there are only a few of us midlanders I look forward to meeting up. Dave

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Got to let you guys down now on this.... some of you may know my daughters in hospital ....so i wont be able to join you guys....:(

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
We will be at Auto Italia, but wont be able to join you in the convoy, we are helping on the site so have to be there really early :(

See you there, you never know we may get to tell you where to park so dont shout at us !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
:thumbs: I will be at Leicester Forrest East meet. 9.00am Yes? My car has just come back from Newton Abbot. Filthy and birds seem to love the colour because they are crapping on it all the time. See you Sunday.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts