Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 2.4 auto 159 used to regen every 600 miles or so. I do 60 miles a day to work and back. Over time (6 months) this has now reduced to virtually every 200 miles.

I also stutters a bit etc etc. Recently had a full service and no issues we found, garage forced a full regen that completed fine.

Is my problem fixable with a remap and EGR cancelation or would I have to remove the DPF as well.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if you want to go this way to stop regens without working out why they are occuring so frequently than you will need to remove DPF. If you leave DPF installed and do not regen it will eventually block up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, what do you think is causing this, i.e why is it doing every 200 miles. Is there anything else you would suggest

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
You could try some fuel additive.

Lots of threads about various makes.

A few of us recently have tried BG244. Search in this forum and you'll see it and results etc

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi I did have a couple of tanks of tesco, but normally shell or BP, i have tried the BG244 that improved it a little but the issues still exist, ????????????

·
Registered
219 Posts
did they changed the oil when you did the service?.
if they did they did an oil reset.
the oil counter as the oil is getting worst , stops regenerating so often.
you have oil miles counter, and oil degradation counter,
you do not have a sensor for the oil degradation, it just estimates how many miles you drove, and as more miles
you drive it assumes the oil is getting worst and reduces the regens.
also you should use premium fuel, or regular with additives
you also should avoid forced regens as much as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts