Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1750 QV petrol TCT Giulietta and wanted to look into upgrading the exhaust to obtain a raspier sound without the drone you can sometimes get travelling at high speeds (ex. On the motorway). Narrowed it down to a Regazzon centre exhaust replacement, but get the choice between one with a silencer or one without. Has anyone fitted either to their car and be able to offer some advice?

·
Vendor
47,150 Posts
The rear resonator on the Wizard exhaust system is specifically designed not to give any deep bass or boominess. In conjunction with the original middle section it gives a lovely exhaust note but without significant amounts of volume. There is a silencer on the middle section which can be removed, that increases the volume a good amount, but still not enough to start upsetting the neighbours if you do any 5AM starts. Only once you get into removing catalysts can you get serious volume out of the 1750 engine. This could be a better option for you than the Ragazzon.

I keep the Giulietta 1750 TBI rear section in stock. If you'd like more information you could give me a ring on tuesday on 01768 879171 or send a message to our FB page www.facebook.com/wizardexhausts

Video from inside
(Wizard rear section, middle silencer removed - still no drone)

More information and reviews here: https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-giulietta/797442-wizard-exhaust.html

·
Vendor
47,150 Posts
Has anyone just done the centre replacement and kept the original rear section?
Not that I know of, there might be someone on here who has.

But I have cut open an original rear section to see how it was made, and with that sort of construction, even a missing mid silencer isn't going to make it hugely louder/raspier. Removing the cat would have a greater effect, but that is not so simple.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Has anyone just done the centre replacement and kept the original rear section?
ME!

because i didn't want too much more noise, just a bit more in the cabin, if that makes sense!

I cut the centre box out and sleeved it so mine was all mild steel which sounds different to stainless i am told!?

Also this was on a multi air!

Zoo :thumbs:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I had the middle silencer removed about 3 years ago on my 1.4 Multiair and the result is what it should have been from the manufacturer (imo) Very pleased, kept the standard rear box and the sound is great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ME!

because i didn't want too much more noise, just a bit more in the cabin, if that makes sense!

I cut the centre box out and sleeved it so mine was all mild steel which sounds different to stainless i am told!?

Also this was on a multi air!

Zoo :thumbs:
Hi Zoo... thanks for your response. Don't suppose you could add a quick video clip to give a little indication of what yours sounds like could you? Be great to get an idea.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi, I had the middle silencer removed about 3 years ago on my 1.4 Multiair and the result is what it should have been from the manufacturer (imo) Very pleased, kept the standard rear box and the sound is great.
Hi clioR3, thank you for your response. Any chance you'd be able to add a quick video clip to give me an idea of what yours sounds like too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There are a few threads on exhausts and silencers.
Here’s one from last year:
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alf...ns-for-giulietta-q-v-2010-a.html#post17143834
I have gone down the route of custom tail silencer and removed the center silencer (down pipe and cat are original).
Result – awesome sound!
Thanks for sending me a copy of those threads, think the fact that a drone has been mentioned might put me off as I do a lot of long distance driving. But great to hear about the different modifications other Giulietta owners have made.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Hi Zoo... thanks for your response. Don't suppose you could add a quick video clip to give a little indication of what yours sounds like could you? Be great to get an idea.
Alas it was on my old manual G, i shall be doing it on this one at some point!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts