Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and mrs melv have just been to aldi to get a bit of shopping, we saw some wine that she likes ,so took it to the till, the stupid women asked if we had any i.d:wow: i expland that i was 40 years old, but she was on a power trip and refused to serve. so we left the hole shop of food on the convayer belt and just walked out leaving her to put all the stuff back on the shelf.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
42,814 Posts
:lol:... shouldn't laugh but bloody hell :lol:

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
a few years back i was in WH Smiths, trying to buy a 15 film and asked if i had any i.d, i didint at the time, so she continued to say "nothing at all? drivers licence?"
i said if i looked old enough to drive why is she asking me for i.d for a 15?
apparentley it was a new policy, i believe she was just wondering how old i was to see if we would make a good couple :lol:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a few years back i was in WH Smiths, trying to buy a 15 film and asked if i had any i.d, i didint at the time, so she continued to say "nothing at all? drivers licence?"
i said if i looked old enough to drive why is she asking me for i.d for a 15?
apparentley it was a new policy, i believe she was just wondering how old i was to see if we would make a good couple :lol:
:lol::lol::lol::thumbs:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I tried to buy alcohol in Marks and Spencer a while ago and the woman on the till gave me a really nasty look followed by a very long lecture on the evils of the brew. It was only a half bottle of champagne :cry:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
I've never been asked for I.D. even when I was 15 ! :D :lol:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I would be delighted if I was refused Alcohol every time I tried to buy it. Would save me a bloody fortune !!!!.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
I tried to buy alcohol in Marks and Spencer a while ago and the woman on the till gave me a really nasty look followed by a very long lecture on the evils of the brew. It was only a half bottle of champagne :cry:
maybe its because you were drinking the other half whilst walking around the shop. :D

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I was asked at Tesco's a few weeks ago. When my son is almost old enough to buy it I felt good. Not so god now its challenge 25 though.

Got asked two years ago for proof to buy wine too. I was driving the scooby at the time and I said no, I had no where to put my licence in what I was wearing but would I be driving that if I wasn't 18. In the end they served me.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,359 Posts
:lol: good one Ray!

i never been refused for alcohol but i once got asked for ID for a packet of cigarettes when i was 17. the legal age was 16 back then. so i go into the petrol station and ask for my cigs.
'you got any ID mate?'
no, sorry
'cant serve you then, you need to prove your over 16'
thats my car out there, you have to be 17 to drive

:lol:

M

·
0 Posts
I got challenged with the whole you need to look 25 thing a few months ago. In the end the bloke said 'well make sure you bring I.D. next time, this time I'll let it go'...........pointless!!!!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Its ok, i got asked for ID buying fuel. I drove in filled up the car went to pay and she refused to take my money until i poved i was over 16. I had no ID on me so she said she was going to have to leave the car where it was and go get some. after pointing out id driven in with no L plates and no codriver she insisted i gave her ID, I politely told her id either be paying for my fuel and driving off or i wouldnt be paying and still driving of as there was no way i was leaving my car. after 5 minutes of discussion a very big cue forming and the manager being called i was allowed to pay for my fuel and leave.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I got asked for ID trying to buy tobacco a couple of years ago. The woman behind the till said, "what's your date of birth?" I told her and she said, "that would make you about 28!" I replied, "yes, it would".

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
In the USA earlier this year I was asked for ID in a bar before being served a Marguerita. :wow:

(For those of you who know me you will know that I DO look over 21!!) :D

I had to hand over my driving licence for them to photocopy.......:rant:

I then had a Marguerita or two.....three......four ...............................:thumbs:

ps - I was momentarily flattered until she asked the next customer for the same and he must have been at least 80!! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts