Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am busy restoring a 1968 Step front (flat dash) and a 1972 2L GTV. Anybody that can help with advise to restore a dash as well as a centre console? Are there anybody in RSA that specialize in doing this? I need a finish as close as possible to original.

·
Registered
397 Posts
There's an awesome firm in Joburg who use an israeli product that shrink fits, and even follows the concave curves. Kevin at AK recommends them, as do Toscana.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I saw another dash at Ak where dash was stripped back , refoamed and covered with the correct period looking vinyl . It was better than any attempt of a restoration I have in uk and Sa . Contract Kevin at Ak but I think it was about 3 grand . Strangely that's cheap when you see what you get in the Uk .

·
Registered
344 Posts
I saw another dash at Ak where dash was stripped back , refoamed and covered with the correct period looking vinyl . It was better than any attempt of a restoration I have in uk and Sa . Contract Kevin at Ak but I think it was about 3 grand . Strangely that's cheap when you see what you get in the Uk .
If is really that good, then go for it. Many supposedly restored dashes look absolutely terrible, sometimes ruining an otherwise nice restoration.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I suspect Dolos is looking to have the wood grain (effect) dash face restored too.

I too would be interested to know of anyone reputable in SA that can do this.

BTW Dolos, post a pic of your step nose resto!!! The car will literally be "as new" when the resto is complete. Truly sensational.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts