Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toying with the idea of refurbing my 18" anthracite jetfins ready for summer or does anyone have some silver blackline wheels to swap?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just booked mine in to get the wheels refurbed at the end of the month, 18" jetfins too but getting them done in bright silver. A place near me does acid dipping and then powder coating for £60 a wheel at the mo which seems pretty good. They have a good reputation as well. Personally I would stick with jetfins over blackness on the GT.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just booked mine in to get the wheels refurbed at the end of the month, 18" jetfins too but getting them done in bright silver. A place near me does acid dipping and then powder coating for £60 a wheel at the mo which seems pretty good. They have a good reputation as well. Personally I would stick with jetfins over blackness on the GT.
Yes I was thinking of going shiny silver too, I'm not too keen on this latest fad of dark wheels, although just about everyone I know loves my wheels.
The jetfins seem to be tough, as I've hit many, many, many potholes each time swearing! but they remain straight and true unlike the horse shoes I had on my diesel Gt.
Wonder if the blackline wheels are as strong?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yes I was thinking of going shiny silver too, I'm not too keen on this latest fad of dark wheels, although just about everyone I know loves my wheels.
The jetfins seem to be tough, as I've hit many, many, many potholes each time swearing! but they remain straight and true unlike the horse shoes I had on my diesel Gt.
Wonder if the blackline wheels are as strong?

cracked a jetfin in my old JTS ,in contrast my Blackline wheels are solid as a rock having hit MANY potholes in the 30k I have covered.

the only annoying thing is its very easy to kerb them even with tires that have rim protection, the GT is sometimes a bit of a pain to park, especially at night and I hate to admit it but the kerb rash is all down to me..

if the rims were flush I doubt very much I would have kerbed them having never done so on the 18'' jetfins on the old GT.

looking forward to getting Damiens wheels on, I will then refurb mine and decide what to do, based on how the 19''s are I will either keep the OEM Blackline wheels or sell them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts