Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, still quite new here so hope this is the right forum.

I think the only thing letting down my Spider is the alloys. I have multi-spoke ones and there are small patches of corrosion and some stained parts, mainly due to not being cleaned enough before I had her, or someone leaving an acidic cleaner on too long without cleaning it off properly. To most people, my other half included, they look great, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist with my girl!

Anyway, I was thinking about getting them refurbed, and have seen some good reviews for places in Hampshire.

The other option was to buy new alloys. However, I don't want to mess with the original designers ideas (and I've met the man that designed the Spider :)), so I was wondering who sells original alloys for Alfa Spiders. I've tried google searches, searches on here and main dealer sites but without much luck.

Great site by the way and I hope I can make a meet somewhere soon, work permitting!

Thanks for any help in advance guys :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
In my experience, a quality refurb of the alloys brings them back to better than new.

I paid 60 quid an alloy and it was worth every penny.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I agree. Refurb is the way to go.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys. Must say I do like the look of the wheels, and want to keep the original look.

Mitch, where did you get yours done?

I work out of Biggin Hill airport so Kent is on the doorstep there. Otherwise, I've been looking at a place in Fareham near me.

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
I use lepsons at Gillingham in Kent. They are very well known in the trade for their top quality. If you can get to them you won't regret it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Refurb for sure..............good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts