Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my work Car park today watching someone take a close look at my QV, so i walk up to him and said hello. He asked me a few questions about the car and they exclaimed that all Alfa's were crap and it will fall apart. Before i had time to draw breathe and reply, a total stranger that obviously heard what he said, piped up that he had owned 6 Alfas in the last 20years and not one had broken down. The conversation that ensued had the guy feeling so small for slagging off Alfa's, especially when he mentioned he drove a fiesta.
This is my first Alfa Romeo, but its good to see there are people out there with a true passion for these cars.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
What sort of a tool goes up to a stranger and starts to slag their car off, whether they are right or not?! :tut:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
just jelous people mate, I get it every now and then.

funnily thou i would say i have more positive comments, and comments i just never received when i drove a nice bmw.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I used to hear this a lot with my Alfas - to be fair every Alfa I have owned has broken down so there was a little substance to it but not had anything on my QV - positive or negative.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I had a similar comment about my Citroen XM fifteen years ago.

Out of the 46 Alfas I've owned I've had one failed radiator (hit by a brick which left a brick-sized hole) and one failed battery. I'd wager those faults could happen to any car regardless of brand.

Jealous people will always be jealous. I usually ask how many examples of the brand being critiqued the complainer has owned. One should only comment based on personal experience.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had an odd situation on Sunday. A friend visited and we went for a drive to pick up another friend. As soon as he saw my car he asked why I did not get a proper car like a BMW and that it would break down and give me loads of problems. I know he has never owned an Italian car before it is just the reputation they have. We are not that close friends anymore lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts