Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

Anyone out there know the sort of cost to expect for refitting a 147 windscreen, it's a 2002 pre facelift?

It's definitely the cause of my footwell leak, have just sealed the top and sides of the screen with tape then washed the car and no water leaked through, last time I did that without sealing it leaked when I concentrated the spray on these areas.

(Have written to previous owner to see if he had a windscreen replaced, and phoned autoglass to see if they had any record of the car but nothing came up on system).

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
best bet would be to take a brick to it and get it changed under your insurance ... cost me £60 for a new fitted windscreen last time mine cracked (and no I didn't through a brick at it :lol:)

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
It's unlikely to come out in one piece anyway ... ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's unlikely to come out in one piece anyway ... ;)
I had a stone chip repaired recently, should have just let it turn into a big old crack!
Read about some 'Flowable Silicone Windshield & Glass Sealer' on another forum, the stuff apparently has a wicking action and flows into all the little hidden areas, got some on ebay so may give that a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts