Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else see that refs display in the last 30 mins of the stoke v spurs game :confused::wow:

He literally and metaphorically and however else-cally robbed spurs with a string of outrageously wrong decisions.

As a fulham fan, it was hilarious, but any spurs fans posting who haven't put their foot through the telly? :eek::lol:

·
Administrator
45,536 Posts
Just spotted this on the BBCs sportday live feed:

British cyclist Sir Chris Hoy has been accidentally targeted on Twitter by Tottenham fans angry with referee Chris Foy following Sunday's defeat at Stoke.

:cheese: Priceless.

K

·
0 Posts
Just spotted this on the BBCs sportday live feed:

British cyclist Sir Chris Hoy has been accidentally targeted on Twitter by Tottenham fans angry with referee Chris Foy following Sunday's defeat at Stoke.

:cheese: Priceless.
You couldn't make it up.

'Arry was on form too:

"We came away with nothing because there were two blatant handballs on the line and Adebayor was two yards onside when the ball was played to him. That's why we've come away with nothing.

"We were poor first half, I hold my hand up. We didn't play well. But we changed it at half-time and in the second half we battered them. Unfortunately a couple of decisions he [Foy] got completely and utterly wrong. I'm sure if you watch the TV you'll see it.

"When the ball gets rattled in and the fella on the line goes like that with his arm, it's handball. Kaboul gets a booking for saying to the referee it was a penalty, then he gets another yellow card near the end for an innocuous... That was no worse a challenge... It was a foul but...''

Redknapp said he spoke to Foy after the game about his decisions. He said: "Yes I told him. I never go and talk to referees after a game, I accept defeat. I never complain about referees' decisions - I have not done it in 30 years of management, never. But today, I'm afraid, he got some badly wrong.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
The managers' reactions (all of them) make me chuckle. Harry, like the rest, never say a dickie bird when they get blatantly wrong decisions that win them a game - and he's had a few this season too.

That said, I honestly couldn't believe the penalties that weren't given against Stoke - and there were enough to choose from - yet equally couldn't believe Modric won one from a local AmDram's school of pantomine-dying fall! Enough "experts" say there was some contact so it can't have been a blatant dive but I honestly didn't anything much if at all. I'd suggest they don't let Mr Modric go shopping on his own. He might never get home again on his feet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts