Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys hope u all ok just a quick question is it worth putting redex into ur fuel some mates put it in there cars i was just wondering is it worth the money every 3 months :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Prob not I reckon, but coming up to an emissions test I will still put a blast in and drive the hell out of it to be sure of passing. General opinion is that it's a bit of a waste of cash.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
First time I used it the next day the injector light came on a few times but after that it was ok..........so it must have done something :lol:

A

·
0 Posts
Well in the old days we used to tip it down carburettor intakes and pretend we were ungumming valves (that probably wern't gummed up anyway). The cloud of smoke was reassuring.

There is no list of contents on a REDEX bottle, but if you get the STP equivalent it gives most of the game away. Main constituent: Kerosene..or to you and me, Paraffin...sort of jet engine fuel really.

Does it do any good? I doubt it to be quite honest. These days you run the risk of fouling a vital sensor as well.

AlfaLincs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts