Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my 1st Red SW ti today parked in the gym car park under a floodlight....it looked stunning.....there's not a better looking estate car on the planet :eek:

Had my heart set on a black one but the red looked wonderful....decisions decisions....:D

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I saw a Rubino red metallic Ti today. It looked great - nearly as :cool: as Carbonio! ;)

If you fancy a Ti I say get one, they are great. I love mine to bits. :thumbs:

I feel guilty when she's dirty.

I love the looks ad build.

I love the handling.

I don't care that the oddments storage is a bit poor.

I adore the bum-warming seats - I only remembered it had them this week one cold evening. Not unique I know but I've never had them and it is lovely.

If I won the lottery tomorrow I'd still keep it as my daily and buy other stuff to go with it. Get one.:thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Question ..

The red alfa 159 shown at Alfa Romeo 159 is this a new metallic colour and why you all seem to love the new ti ?

(After once having taken delivery of a gold citroen xsara which when it arrived came in a shade described by my friends as 'metalic urine' colour is important to me !)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I have a horribly slow internet connection and I haven't the pateience to get into that 159 site again! However I think that is the special edition 8C red at about £15k surcharge.:wow:

Rubino is a bit of a darker red shade.

I can't speak for everyone but I thought long and hard about what I wanted to buy and coming out of a Mazda (worthy but dull) I find the Ti beautiful. I really do love it. It looks fantastic, it drives great, it just is a lovely thing.

That is tempered by the frisson of danger that goes with buying any new Alfa but so far so good and I have examples of our company fleet Accords being off the road for two weeks with turbo and wiper motor failure and an X-type failing it first MOT at less than 70k.

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Question ..

The red alfa 159 shown at Alfa Romeo 159 is this a new metallic colour and why you all seem to love the new ti ?

(After once having taken delivery of a gold citroen xsara which when it arrived came in a shade described by my friends as 'metalic urine' colour is important to me !)
Yes, thats a very nice colour :) :) :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can't decide whether the car on that website is wearing Alfa Red, or the 8C red. It looks a little too 'orange' for Alfa Red, but the colours on swatches/brochures/websites are never that close a match are they? After much see-sawing between Carbonio and Red, I went for Alfa Red when I ordered my Ti a couple of weeks ago. Went for it on the basis of rarity. Can't wait!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My heart is saying do it my head keeps saying recession, credit crunch, doom & gloom :confused:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Good man! You'll love it I'm sure. :thumbs: :cool:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
I'd love a Ti SW in red, black or other. Had the wheels, now I'd like all the car.

3.2 V6 Q4 Ti SW....................could I get one of those please? :D

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
..............any colour will do :lol:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Saw my 1st Red SW ti today parked in the gym car park under a floodlight....it looked stunning.....there's not a better looking estate car on the planet :eek:

Had my heart set on a black one but the red looked wonderful....decisions decisions....:D
That's interesting - my 159 SW ti is Alfa Red, and I don't think it's the best colour for it at all.

I've never thought flat red suited the bigger cars - fine for the 33, 147, and even 155, and the 156 can just about get away with it, plain wrong for the 164/166. I also think it can make the GT look a bit slabby (and I think in general the GT is a great looking car), and in red the GTV somehow looked a bit cheap. I've not seen a red Brera in the flesh, as far as I can remember, but I think that for the 159 there's an awful lot of red, even moreso with the SW.

I got mine because it was in stock and I got a reasonable deal, but out of free choice I'd have ordered Carbonio Black or even flat Black in preference to the red.

Even in red it's still a good looking car, though, no doubt about that. :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

I agree - the 159 SW Ti is the best looking estate car on the planet............. after a 156 SW GTA that is ..... the original and still best looking estate car on the planet :lol:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Agreed,156GTASW,if I could find one I'd swop my 147GTA tomorrow,but they are rare as hens teeth over here!Very happy with the 147 though!Having experienced the GTA,I can't think of another car that will ever compare,so what will I ever swop to?:confused:

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
My heart is saying do it my head keeps saying recession, credit crunch, doom & gloom :confused:
Surly thats a good enough to buy one! Why have doom and gloom when you can have stylish and gleam! If you down, buy something to cheer you up, and i dont even own a Ti but i know everytime you sit in those amazing seats your gonna feel like a million dollers!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Over the color choice.............Now thats a hard one! Ive seen a red one and i loved it!!!!! I dont know actually! between a red one and a black one it just put it down to what is the better car in terms of extras, milage, price etc.....id be happy red or black!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts