Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally pulled the trigger on a red Speciale and joined the Alfa club again after a 7 year absence.

Wasn't my first choice colour but when I saw it in the flesh it looked great

I'm going to fit the dark 5 hole QF wheels which really go well with the red.

does anyone know whether the tracking or steering geometry needs to be changed to accommodate the bigger wheels ?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a red Speciale and joined the Alfa club again after a 7 year absence.

Wasn't my first choice colour but when I saw it in the flesh it looked great

I'm going to fit the dark 5 hole QF wheels which really go well with the red.

does anyone know whether the tracking or steering geometry needs to be changed to accommodate the bigger wheels ?
are they the qv size ones or the qv type ones but in correct size for no qv models

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
All I am saying is that standard size for normal Giulia with 19 inch wheels is 255 at the back and 225 at the front. Only wheels on the Quadrifoglio have 285 at the back and 245 at the front.

Putting Quadrifoglio size wheels on normal Giulias just adds unsprung weight - something you really want to avoid (ride gets harsher, acceleration and braking gets worse, etc...). But Quad has so much power it needs those wide tyres to put the power down.

The wheels on the photos thus come in two sizes - for Quadrifoglio and for normal Giulias, but with the same design.

Also, don't know about UK, but usually putting unaproved tyre size on your car is illegal.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I think people are misunderstanding what I’m saying.

It looks to me like the blue car has the wider rear wheels (10J) whereas the white one has the same narrower ones front and rear (8.5J). These in essence are the two main choices for people who want these wheels. The owner of the white car was saying that he thought it looked the same side on, I’m saying to me i can see a difference.

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,181 Posts

It looks to me like the blue car has the wider rear wheels (10J) whereas the white one has the same narrower ones front and rear (8.5J). These in essence are the two main choices for people who want these wheels. The owner of the white car was saying that he thought it looked the same side on, I’m saying to me i can see a difference.
You are right and to me it looks slightly different side on but not many will notice. One correction though, the official Veloce size wheels are 8J front, 9J rear. Full sizes from manual attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
All I am saying is that standard size for normal Giulia with 19 inch wheels is 255 at the back and 225 at the front. Only wheels on the Quadrifoglio have 285 at the back and 245 at the front.

Putting Quadrifoglio size wheels on normal Giulias just adds unsprung weight - something you really want to avoid (ride gets harsher, acceleration and braking gets worse, etc...). But Quad has so much power it needs those wide tyres to put the power down.

The wheels on the photos thus come in two sizes - for Quadrifoglio and for normal Giulias, but with the same design.

Also, don't know about UK, but usually putting unaproved tyre size on your car is illegal.
regardless of visuals, this is surely the most pertinent point?

i know some who have got the qv sized ones on the non qv say they dont care about these things, as they says its marginal, but not sure id want to risk it for the sake of aesthetics? especially when you can order the correct size in the same style, albeit maybe requiring ordering of ebay etc

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

You are right and to me it looks slightly different side on but not many will notice. One correction though, the official Veloce size wheels are 8J front, 9J rear. Full sizes from manual attached.
Interesting. That means that the “QF” style wheels are available in 8J, 8.5J, 9J, and 10J!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

regardless of visuals, this is surely the most pertinent point?

i know some who have got the qv sized ones on the non qv say they dont care about these things, as they says its marginal, but not sure id want to risk it for the sake of aesthetics? especially when you can order the correct size in the same style, albeit maybe requiring ordering of ebay etc
Pertinent on a thread where people are considering buying a set certainly, but less so on this thread as they’ve already got them!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.