Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your opinions guys? I have ordered Red callipers but keep changing my mind. Hoping for a March delivery ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Go yellow, just to be different. Mine isn't QV but went yellow on dark wheels just for the same reason. Red is too common. :rambo:

Reactions: taymore

·
Registered
823 Posts
I think yellow looks great as they give a good contrast. Only issue is that it's the colour that Porsche uses for carbon ceramic brakes which could be viewed as a bit tragic when you have steel brakes. Weirdly yellow is £100 cheaper than red.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was in the dealership today and couldn't help notice a wall of painted callipers within the 4c enclosure. The Yellow option looked quite golden rather than a full on bright yellow.

Is this the same finish that the QV callipers will have? I personally liked the finish a lot

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
What's your opinions guys? I have ordered Red callipers but keep changing my mind. Hoping for a March delivery ??

You're ordering 75k's worth of car. Unless you're colour blind you should be capable of making your own mind up as someone who's (presumably) earned the privilege. :banghead:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're ordering 75k's worth of car. Unless you're colour blind you should be capable of making your own mind up as someone who's (presumably) earned the privilege. :banghead:

Just a friendly thread to encourage some opinion sharing!

(Presumably) you are aware that a fully specced QV is not £75k

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Red calipers on the nearside and yellow calipers on the offside.

It's all about compromise. :lol:

·
Registered
399 Posts
In my humble opinion competizione red and yellow calipers doesnt fit well. Alfa rosso with yellow calipers maybe better, but for COmpetizione red you need either black calipers or red.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Just a friendly thread to encourage some opinion sharing!

(Presumably) you are aware that a fully specced QV is not £75k

It was near enough when I specced one out of interest.

The red callipers won't match and the yellow callipers will clash. Black is the only sensible choice.

(With white and green stitching on the seats:nuts:)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
It was near enough when I specced one out of interest.

The red callipers won't match and the yellow callipers will clash. Black is the only sensible choice.

(With white and green stitching on the seats:nuts:)
Agree, I went with black with the black wheels, not too flash and more practical from a brake dust visibility perspective. Yellow is just trying too hard. Standard Giulias have silver which also looks good with silver wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,170 Posts
Agree, I went with black with the black wheels, not too flash and more practical from a brake dust visibility perspective. Yellow is just trying too hard. Standard Giulias have silver which also looks good with silver wheels.
Its an Alfa, its designed not to blend in. Be bold and let it clash I'd say, seriously!:rotate:

Reactions: Top Down

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
YELLOW! is the only colour,I had yellow callipers on my red GTA and I will soon be painting the 8 pot callipers on my new (to me) blue car:happy:

John

·
Registered
429 Posts
I went through this back and forth. Yellow is commonly indicating carbon brakes. if you are going CCB then yellow might work otherwise IMO red is the best :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
Go yellow (I did, but mine's a black car), I don't think it clashes with the red, it just provides contrast that will look great.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts