Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to have my Calipers re-manufactured upgrading to the Brembos for the front.

My only decision is colour and which works best with the Rubino Red. I am torn between standard Alfa Red and maybe Ferrari Yellow as they have use on the FF. This looks good with the darker wheel option which I have in the Pro Drives.

Votes please

image.jpg

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
..... and here it is with just standard boring unpainted grey non-Brembos.

Attachments

Reactions: Leo_NL

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tempted with pink :biglaugh:

Yes I think Yellow would look amazing. I am clean freak so keeping them clean shouldn't be a challenge I just was sure if it was good taste in the Alfa world.

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you want them to stand out then it has to be the yellow, not sure if red would look right with the car being a darker different shade of red.

I saw some painted lime green at Autolusso, waiting to go on a red 159 (might have been a GT cant remember now) I didnt see the car after they were fitted but they looked amazing sat on the desk, if I were to do mine then lime green would look stunning with the carbonio black I have.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would pick yellow !

If you want them to stand out then it has to be the yellow, not sure if red would look right with the car being a darker different shade of red.

I saw some painted lime green at Autolusso, waiting to go on a red 159 (might have been a GT cant remember now) I didnt see the car after they were fitted but they looked amazing sat on the desk, if I were to do mine then lime green would look stunning with the carbonio black I have.
Mine are green !

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
It all depends on the car it's color. I find the green very nice on wowie's car, but for yours i think i prefer yellow. I did mine in red because i didn't had the balls to experiment with another color.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Ive found a vapour blasters and a powder coat company so stand by :)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Did mine yellow every man and his dog has red !! I also had some yellow left over from when I did the Brembo's on my Focus RS !

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Did mine yellow every man and his dog has red !! I also had some yellow left over from when I did the Brembo's on my Focus RS !
Damn, I'm sad that I didn't do that on mine! Looks nice on a black car. I had my doubts to do them in gold like Brembo's are, but chooses red to be sure. Bad choice if I look at yours! Nice job.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This has sold it for me :) are they powdercoated troll?

Reactions: Troll

·
Registered
870 Posts
No i painted them with caliper paint

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lord_of_beard

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Those yellow calipers look awesome, I'm very tempted, would go nicely with my KW coilovers too.
I just received some paint from here Red Brake Caliper Painting Kits. Professional Product.
They did take about a month to get me the paint, had to email them a couple of times to chase up. They do all sorts of colours too.

Burgundy car, I'd probably go gloss black or grey like AMG, if I was daring I'd go yellow. Def not red though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went yellow. They look amazeballs! Just need to fit them over the next week or so when I can get an afternoon to do it :)

Reactions: Mitch916
1 - 20 of 21 Posts