Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My V6 has decide to go over all helpful and display the red break light failure warning light everytime I use the brakes.

Its very nice to be warned when I'm using the brakes but the car slowing down kinda gives it away!!!

Any idea whats wrong.............both lights are working BTW :D

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have you cleaned all the bulbs and checked the earth connections.?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a problem similar to this one on a Fiat Tipo with digidash, the same system as Alfa use.

The system runs on either resistance or earth current flow and mine used to play up in the rain. Turned out the bulb holder contacts were all corroded. Therefore the light came on. A good clean with emery paper sorted them out about once every 6 months.

At least you know the warning lights work!

Hehehehe.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
dont want to seem dumb but is it just the pads worn out and the pad sensors tellin you to change them (i take it you have checked this though).

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it has a check panel to tell you if a bulb is blown...........i think.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its the brake light out warning light not the low fluid/pads light, located on the check control panel above the ashtray.

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Andy is correct, it only happens when it rains so suspected a short somewhere.

wrinx

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just got the same reaction from my dash.. blinking everytime i break. i have a third break light, in the back window. thats the one that doesnt work. The other 2 below the boot work fine.

i`ll check and see what i can find.
meanwhile, any suggestions??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts