Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if you can buy touch up paint or dye for the red leather on 2004 GT. My driver's seat is worn a bit through the colour. I am after a colour code and/or supplier.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I`ve seen on ebay uk touch up kits for Alfa interior leather. One of my 156`s has red leather interior so notice these kits coming up constantly when I`m trolling. I`ve used red leather shoe colour though for the piping on the edge of the driver`s seat which is abraded by the safety belt.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My seats are black. Worn areas scrub up very well with some black boot polish. Works a treat for the steering wheel too. Easy as, but a temporary solution, lasts some weeks before needing to be done again (consider it part of the 'cleaning' process).

Regards,
John.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've used an airbrush and a mixture of model paints to success on parts of my seat. The most wear I had was on the cover for the side airbag which sticks out a little from the side of the seat.

I used a mixture of Tamiya acrylic paints. Semi-gloss black and some rubber black to get the same sort of colour my black interior seats are. For a red colour, you might need a mixture of a red and a brown/rust sort of colour to get to the right match. The pots are small, and expensive for the size but very good quality and you don't need much.

You can buy small airbrush kits for large air compressors if you happen to have one around, at that time I used a model air compressor unit. Touching up with a fine brush is OK if the colour is right. It may be a little dull at first, but after a wipe with a leather conditioner the colour should blend nicely.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The kits available on ebay are specific to leather restoration and indicate the colours offered are colour matched to the Alfa upholstery. Made by a company known for leather renovation too so I don`t know why any of us bother with anything but the proper fix. Are we all cheapskates? I`ve gone ahead and purchased one of these kits for the future if needed.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The kits available on ebay are specific to leather restoration and indicate the colours offered are colour matched to the Alfa upholstery. Made by a company known for leather renovation too so I don`t know why any of us bother with anything but the proper fix. Are we all cheapskates? I`ve gone ahead and purchased one of these kits for the future if needed.
I'll have a look for kits on ebay. I have been searching under leather touchup without much success.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a look on ebay. Found quite a few red leather dyes and leather restoration kits. None of them said anything about matching Alfa Romeo colour. I am a bit dubious about ordering something only to find it is too red or a different colour.
Do you have a link or name of supplier for the one you used?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts