Alfa Romeo Forum banner

red key code

865 Views 19 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  mxer125
G
ive just brought 2 red blank keys for my car ive had them cut to match the original master key dose anyone know how to code them or do i have to take it to alfa for them to do it :confused:
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wrinx said:
Yes, I think it involves going to your nearest dealer for a bit of code work :O

wrinx
so i cant doit myself at home :confused: i think alfa wanted to charge me £50 or more for this job which is a bit much when they told me it would only take 5 mins!!!!!!!! :mad:

· Registered
4,651 Posts
That`ll be about right it only takes a few mins to code a key but Main Dealers always charge about £50 for the "use"of the diagnostic machine :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Will be the only way to go unless you can find someone who can copy the code from your olds one but there few and far between :rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In that case I was right :rolleyes: :cheese:

Sure someone posted a while ago to say they had got a key coded elsewhere but its does need to be cloned form the original or master.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wrinx said:
In that case I was right :rolleyes: :cheese:

yep looks like yor right again :lol: time to dip in to the pocket again :eek: youve got to love alfa or be completly off your trolly to own one ;) :rolleyes: wheres that ford mondeo :tut: broucher :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
daiblack said:
which key type have you got :)
ive got the purple master key and the solid red ones without the blipper for the central locking ,they have an alfa badge in the middle of the key

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats what i woz hopeing to do but i am concerned about getting it wrong and nackering the key up and making it useless . :(

· Registered
564 Posts
Perhaps it's best you go to the dealers then, I got a technician at the dealers to put my alarm codes in when my interior light was replaced. :)
Perhaps you could have a word with one of the tecnicians and get one of them to do it after work ;) ;) for a nominal fee ;) ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
daiblack said:
Can't you use the key programming sequence in the code system section I posted. :) :)
i tried locating this section but i cant seem to down load it all could you post the sequence on this thread again so i could make sure ive got the right sequence ?it would be gretly appreciated :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
daiblack said:
Perhaps it's best you go to the dealers then, I got a technician at the dealers to put my alarm codes in when my interior light was replaced. :)
Perhaps you could have a word with one of the tecnicians and get one of them to do it after work ;) ;) for a nominal fee ;) ;)
that might have to be plan b :lol: :lol:

· Registered
295 Posts
sub555 said:
ive just brought 2 red blank keys for my car ive had them cut to match the original master key dose anyone know how to code them or do i have to take it to alfa for them to do it :confused:
My local market cuts key's including Alfa code £34 including key or you can just have the key code printed on card just in case you lose the master for £2

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.