Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive just brought 2 red blank keys for my car ive had them cut to match the original master key dose anyone know how to code them or do i have to take it to alfa for them to do it :confused:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Sub, if you have the later keys you can just swap over the chip next to the shank of the key and the alarm pcb, but if you need to add keys or have the earlier keys I have put the Alarm and the Code System sections of the manual onto my webspace. I would right click the link and save to disk ;) ;) :) :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the keys i have are the old sty?le ones is there a procdure for these

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I think it involves going to your nearest dealer for a bit of code work :O

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wrinx said:
Yes, I think it involves going to your nearest dealer for a bit of code work :O

wrinx
so i cant doit myself at home :confused: i think alfa wanted to charge me £50 or more for this job which is a bit much when they told me it would only take 5 mins!!!!!!!! :mad:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In that case I've got it wrong....have you read the links that Dai put up?

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
That`ll be about right it only takes a few mins to code a key but Main Dealers always charge about £50 for the "use"of the diagnostic machine :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Will be the only way to go unless you can find someone who can copy the code from your olds one but there few and far between :rolleyes:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In that case I was right :rolleyes: :cheese:

Sure someone posted a while ago to say they had got a key coded elsewhere but its does need to be cloned form the original or master.

wrinx

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wrinx said:
In that case I was right :rolleyes: :cheese:

yep looks like yor right again :lol: time to dip in to the pocket again :eek: youve got to love alfa or be completly off your trolly to own one ;) :rolleyes: wheres that ford mondeo :tut: broucher :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wrinx said:
In that case I've got it wrong....have you read the links that Dai put up?

wrinx
just been scaning through them dont look good :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
daiblack said:
which key type have you got :)
ive got the purple master key and the solid red ones without the blipper for the central locking ,they have an alfa badge in the middle of the key

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats what i woz hopeing to do but i am concerned about getting it wrong and nackering the key up and making it useless . :(

·
Registered
564 Posts
Perhaps it's best you go to the dealers then, I got a technician at the dealers to put my alarm codes in when my interior light was replaced. :)
Perhaps you could have a word with one of the tecnicians and get one of them to do it after work ;) ;) for a nominal fee ;) ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
daiblack said:
Can't you use the key programming sequence in the code system section I posted. :) :)
i tried locating this section but i cant seem to down load it all could you post the sequence on this thread again so i could make sure ive got the right sequence ?it would be gretly appreciated :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
daiblack said:
Perhaps it's best you go to the dealers then, I got a technician at the dealers to put my alarm codes in when my interior light was replaced. :)
Perhaps you could have a word with one of the tecnicians and get one of them to do it after work ;) ;) for a nominal fee ;) ;)
that might have to be plan b :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
564 Posts
sub555 said:
i tried locating this section but i cant seem to down load it all could you post the sequence on this thread again so i could make sure ive got the right sequence ?it would be gretly appreciated :)
I have now zipped the section up Here that should keep it all in one piece ;) ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
sub555 said:
ive just brought 2 red blank keys for my car ive had them cut to match the original master key dose anyone know how to code them or do i have to take it to alfa for them to do it :confused:
My local market cuts key's including Alfa code £34 including key or you can just have the key code printed on card just in case you lose the master for £2

1 - 20 of 20 Posts