Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving back from work lunch time & the injector light on the dash flickered on then off this happened about 4 to 5 times also the engine seemed to stutter a little bit any ideas..??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Also check your relays near the battery if you have them, they tend to get corroded. Take them out 1 by 1 and give em a good clean with fine emery paper.

·
Registered
38,249 Posts
The easiest way would be to get it plugged in and the codes read.

It could be any one of several things, and it will be easier than changing things one after another hoping to find the problem.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The easiest way would be to get it plugged in and the codes read.

It could be any one of several things, and it will be easier than changing things one after another hoping to find the problem.
Yeah cheers guys got it booked in to local alfa dealership (IOM cooper martin) when I get back from hols next week.....:thumbs:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
The trouble with hooking it up is that you have the Alloy topCF1 engine which has the oldest of the ECU's and they are renowned for not loging the correct faults, so you wouldn't even be told whatis was. But you can take it as 1 of 4 things, ignition (coils or plugs), oil/water in the plug holes, ignition timing (belt jumped a tooth or the belts stretched) OR the crank sensor is begining to fail.

I mention the coils and plugs before because they are the most common cause.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The trouble with hooking it up is that you have the Alloy topCF1 engine which has the oldest of the ECU's and they are renowned for not loging the correct faults, so you wouldn't even be told whatis was. But you can take it as 1 of 4 things, ignition (coils or plugs), oil/water in the plug holes, ignition timing (belt jumped a tooth or the belts stretched) OR the crank sensor is begining to fail.

I mention the coils and plugs before because they are the most common cause.
Well I cleaned the engine last weekend & it started after I cleaned it,it was fine before hand but has this little stutter below 2500rpm is a little anoying but above it it's fine the injector light doesn't always come on.

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
If you jetwashed it then it will be water down the plug holes causing it to misfire, you just need to pull the coil packs out and dry the holes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts