Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl i have a red gta now theres somthing that is bugging me when i look at the car from the side the bumpers and side skirts look a slightley lighter red but look at it from front, back, and down the side its spot on?? now is it me just being pickey and all red alfas are the same or is it a crap respary as they have been resparyed about 2 years ago by the last owner (Professional job not a man and a pray can )

thanks paul

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Mine is the same, I plan on trying a machine mop on the affected areas so will see what difference it makes, I doubt it'll make much tbh.

M

·
0 Posts
As the paint is lacqured, a good old fashioned 'buff' doesn't work......this process purely removes fine scratches in the laquer which may help to reduce some of the faded 'look'.

However, regular polishing with a quality product such as Autoglym SRP, followed by a protective layer of Autoglym EGP, can help to protect the paint from further fading, and it also adds a nice deep gloss shine, that actually takes your eye away from the fading :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Thats why I sold my red Gta and bought a black one.Every red car I have ever owned has done3 the same.Shame because when new its a stunning colour.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Reds can do this on any car not just Alfa however good quality polish and if poss keeping it in a garage away from strong sunlight (not that we get much in the uk!) almost eliminates this problem

·
Registered
222 Posts
The paintwork on my red alfa is on fading process, FAST! I tried wax + polishing it
It looks OK for awhile though. The wheels looked tired as well. Thinking of painting the car Rosso Fuoco and graphite for the wheels. What do you reckon?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i live in Scotland so we get v little sunshine that will damage the paint, unfortunately i live in the country with muddy crappy roads so its chipped to hell :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
It depends on why the colour has faded. If the base colour had changed due to UV damage etc then there is little to be done without a respary as Alfa lacquered the paint. It may be the lacquer that has discoloured in which case a machine polish may be worth a go.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
A tad late now I feel...
Not if people buy red cars that rent pink, i.e. have beem aragedand pampered, the alternative is probably a blowover if paint condition is good just pink then application of carlack to keep it nice and red.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts