Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scalextric set featuring a red and blue Alfa 159! None in stock near me, hopefully someone can find one: -

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Cars-and-Trains/Cars-and-Playsets/Micro-Scalextric-Pro-Street-Speed(0095762)

Two super-fast Alfa Romeo 159 race cars thunder round the hairpin turn and head for the chicane. Who makes it to the end of the race is easily recorded by the lap counter. Make circuits of varying shapes and sizes incorporating the bridge, chicane, hairpin and lap counter - this circuit is packed full of features.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Sheffield according to their web site

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
I had a massive scalextric set from my dad, it was all the old stuff from when he was younger. Shame I can't really add to it anymore since the new stuff doesn't connect to the old.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had a massive scalextric set from my dad, it was all the old stuff from when he was younger. Shame I can't really add to it anymore since the new stuff doesn't connect to the old.
Plenty of old track going cheap on ebay. A couple of years ago I got 170 pieces of track for £28. A few were rusty, most were a bit tarnished but a quick scrub with WD40 and wire wool and I have a lovely track up in the loft now. New cars run fine on it as well.

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
Plenty of old track going cheap on ebay. A couple of years ago I got 170 pieces of track for £28. A few were rusty, most were a bit tarnished but a quick scrub with WD40 and wire wool and I have a lovely track up in the loft now. New cars run fine on it as well.
Hmmmm, might have to have a look, not that i have any room to set a track out. Maybe when we move house... Eventually - we cant live with her parents forever :cry:

·
Registered
331 Posts
There are adaptor sections you can get allowing connection between old and new track. The micro sets are incompatible with regular track and cars though.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Looks like a re-tasked James Bond Quantum of Solace Kit with two 159s instead of the Aston/159... :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Looks like a re-tasked James Bond Quantum of Solace Kit with two 159s instead of the Aston/159... :thumbs:
No that was full size Scalextric. The set with 2x 159's is MICRO Scalextric

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Nah the one(s) I bought as Christmas prezzies a while back (And had to test) were not full sized. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Managed to obtain a Quantum of Solace Scalextric for me and my boy this Christmas, had to be that one as my 159 is black, he loves it and always wants to be the Alfa, rather than the Aston!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts