Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What looks better on the 159, painting the calipers to red colors or just buying the brembo caliper covers (fake ones) ?

I'm thinking of painting them tomorow

·
Registered
222 Posts
Got Veloces to paint mine and decal and they look awesome - seriously recommend it and a great improvement on the look of the car

·
Registered
841 Posts
I must admit I am guilty of owning a set of Brembo covers. I even bought some heat resisting silicone adhesive to stick them on.

However I just couldn't go through with it. I've had proper Brembos on many cars in the past (mostly Fiat Coupe 20VTs) and have a set now on my 2nd car (GTV V6). The plastic covers looked great in the packing but absolutely naff when "offered up" to the car. I just couldn't go through with it and ended up spending £££ to get the proper 2.4 calipers fitted to my car.

It was seeing this thread (and the beautiful red brakes) that made me decide it definitely was worth doing it properly.

James

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I'm not entirely sure if the brakes on my 159 are Brembo or otherwise? They are big, red, shiny and have the Alfa logo on them, but i doesn't say Brembo.

They look fantastic behind the anthracite grey Ti wheels. Even if I do say so myself!!

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Stamped Brembo inside the 330's are...the original pads say Brembo on them too....but that wears off to reveal ferodo!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
there's such a small clearance between the caliper and the alloy on the Brera, I don't think anything thicker than a paint coat could fit in it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I checked out and really there is like 0.5cm space between caliper and alloy so will go for painting them + alfa decals, funny thing is that I didn't know those were a Brembo calipers on Alfa 159

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
please post some pics, im quite interested to see how it looks, i want to do it myself but i dont want to look like a wannabe painting normal calipers red. But if it looks hot then who cares?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I painted my brera calipers red this morning, they look brilliant, don't get covers... They look as fake as Jordan's ****

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just paint them, easy to do. I bought this paint:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/CarPlan-ELP005-Engine-Lacquer-Red/dp/B0073FA2US/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415550899&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=red+engine+laquor

Then just cleaned and painted mine on the car with a brush. See my thread here, photos are about halfway down.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=318168&highlight=alfa+romeo+brera+3.2

Obviously its not as good as taking off the car and spraying/powder coating, but mine only cost me the paint and patience.

Still looking good nearly a year on:

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
They look good for a year on, I took my calipers off. Just thought it was easier
Cheers mate.

If I could of I would of, I just dont have the know how/confidence. But if you can, I would 100% recommend to do off the car as its MUCH easier, and will get a better finish.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts