Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Totally new here.

I had my beloved Alfa Brera S (pro drive) 2,2 stolen this morning between 3-9am from driveway in Crystal Palace, SE London. It is Red colour. Registration plate LO09 WAU.

Anyone spotting it please call the police on 999 and/or contact me through this forum.

I have contacted police,insurance,IRC. Any advise on what else I can do?

Thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Aw, sorry to welcome you to AO under these circumstances. :(

Ask for this to be moved into the General Alfa Discussions lounge
as more people may see it.

;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Really gutted for you. Any ideas how the fookers took it?

Find out if there is any cctv in the area - private, council, traffic control or otherwise.

I had a VW golf stolen a year ago. Police turned it up a couple of weeks later in Brixton with cloned plates (outside a burglary in progress!), but not before it had been filmed driving down a bus lane 5 mins after it was nicked. I got a penalty charge notice with a photo! So there is hope...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
sorry to hear your terrible news did they get the keys or hotwire it?

Will keep an eye out, did it have any distinguishing marks?

cheers mc

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I'm around SW London a lot, so I will keep a good look out for you. Terrible news.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Batstards ...If found they should be flogged to within an inch off their pitiful lives and then branded acrros the forehaed with "theif"...

Sure some do gooder will disagree and blame there total lack of decencty and respect on a poor up bringing or broken home ....

Hope you get it back mate

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I now live in dorset but come from around that area. My parents still live near crystal palace. Have asked my dad to keep an eye out.

Is there anything else that might identify it, if the plates have been changed? dents., scratches.. stickers in window etc?

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Terribles :(

I'll definitely keep an eye out for it. Going to be very hard for a crim to dispose of such a rare car.

What number S was it? They all have unique numbers, right? Not sure if this number is on a plaque in the car?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
:(

Judging by how many Red Brera Ss you're likely to see, I'd treat all with suspicion...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for all your support! Nothing good to report yet.

The only scratch my car stolen car has is on driver's side door, half way down in centre, about 3 inches long.
It's also got tax disk valid till 31 Jan 2012 if that helps.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Scummy people out there. Sorry to hear about this. Bizarre car to steal as they do stand out from the crowd a bit. I'll keep an eye out.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What number S was it? They all have unique numbers, right? Not sure if this number is on a plaque in the car?
They don't have a plaque like the cups unfortunately, the number is on the certificate that comes with the book pack.

Cheers

MC

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bring Back Public Floggings, when they got rid of the belt and the cane in Schools it gave licence for all the little scroats to do as they please.

I hope you get the car back in one piece

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
We have Automatic Number Plate Recognition in lots of interesting places. Provided the report was made quickly any movements will be picked up live and circulated to Police vehicles.

So you have to think about changed plates. Do you have any other identification marks that will help AlfaOwner?

I will be looking at all red cars in London!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Old Engineer.

Apart of 3 inch scratch on drivers door, half way down in centre I have already mentioned there is not much else unfortunately. (It used to be fortunately)

I have contacted police, insurance, irc and will walk round to find any cctv opportunities which is unlikely because of location. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Our of interest, any idea how they stole it? As a Brera owner, even though I have a tracker fitted, I'd be interested how they got in and circumvented the security.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
SB, you can almost guarantee the keys were taken from the house as is the case with 90% of driveway car thefts these days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
ok here it goes...

Extra info: Chassis number 05026755
Limited edition number 418/500
Tax disk in metalic/silver holder valid until 31 Jan 2012
Dealer ID: Palmers Hemel Heampsted

Yes, keys were taken from the house.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts