Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went shopping at my local Waitrose yesterday evening. When I was about to leave the car park a Red Brera made it’s entrance. What an entrance it was! It was light rain and most shoppers just went for their cars. It changed when the Brera entered the car park. Several shoppers just stopped walking and just looked. I don’t think the driver was aware. Quickly a group of 5-8 was just looking at the car.

I am glad he pooled into my old parking spot. I saw everything in the mirror of my MGF.

Just to let you know – what a good looking car it is. :inlove:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mogle said:
Just to let you know – what a good looking car it is. :inlove:

You're right, they are very good looking & very rare. I saw one on the road over the x-mas break, the first one i've ever met during the 6000 miles i've been driving in mine.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,214 Posts
which Waitrose was it please, Mogle?

g

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I saw a Brera for the first time just a week ago but I've got to say my experience was exactly the opposite. It was a red one also but my reaction at the time was 'aha a new Brera' - nothing more! In fact I must have immediately forgotten about it and it was only reading this post that reminded me of the sighting. My wife was with me in the car at the same time and she normally comments on all Alfas that she sees, but she said nothing, she hadn't noticed it!

I still haven't seen a 159 on the road (or if I have I've not noticed it) - only one parked at a dealership, but my reaction to the 159 was similar it was OK but nothing special.

So I'm coming to the conclusion that the front of both the 159 and Brera isn't distinctive enough and following after the first 156 and 147 designs they have lost a lot of individuality. The rear of the Brera was 'OK' but it could also have been a lot of other car makers design, European or Japanese, and not especially Italian.

Maybe this is a problem of wanting to appeal to the mass-market but I'm finding the latest Alfa designs a little disappointing. :(

N

·
0 Posts
This is the Brera's built in driver calming factor.

In other cars when people are looking at you
it's normally: "WHAT THE **** ARE YOU LOOKING AT!?"

But in the Brera you learn to just smile (slightly
self consiously) at them.

All is right with the world in a Brera. ;)

:):):)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scudetto said:
which Waitrose was it please, Mogle?

g
Sunningdale, Ascot

BigFoot said:
Nice one Mogle, maybe you ought to get yourself one ;) :)
BigFoot - Just another 12 weeks or so before I got my Spider 3.2 :inlove: Been on order since July 2006. :D :D

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,214 Posts
Mogle said:
Sunningdale, Ascot
that's my local branch, too. Where do you live then? I've only seen one Brera on the A30, a black one, 3.2, about a month ago.

g

H

·
0 Posts
Mogle said:
Sunningdale, Ascot

BigFoot - Just another 12 weeks or so before I got my Spider 3.2 :inlove: Been on order since July 2006. :D :D
The P3 GTV is a rare car only ever seen one on the road before and it's currently the fastest production Alfa ever built :D :cool:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Mogle said:
Sunningdale, Ascot
That's even more special as there's plenty of nice machiney knocking around that area !! :)

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
alfaman155 said:
might go and try and park in my local morrisons and see what happens!!
I think you'll attract a slightly different class of shopper than Waitrose!!
:D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Scudetto said:
that's my local branch, too. Where do you live then? I've only seen one Brera on the A30, a black one, 3.2, about a month ago.

g
You can often see a black one in the High Street of Ascot. I think the owner lives in the estate just of the High Street.

H

·
0 Posts
Now then big fella we don't race @ Croft :tut:

It's not allowed :rolleyes:

I don't intend to munch grass this year :cheese:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts