Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put my new TI alloys on my car over the weekend. What would set them off beautifully is some red caliers with Alfa script. would love to get 4! Anyone have any for sale or know where i can get a set

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Put my new TI alloys on my car over the weekend. What would set them off beautifully is some red caliers with Alfa script. would love to get 4! Anyone have any for sale or know where i can get a set

Thanks

Do it yourself mate with brake caliper paint and order some stickers much cheaper

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Your member car says you have a Ti - don't you already have the red 4 pot brembos fitted :confused:

If not, paint/decal them. Far less expensive than having to upgrade your whole braking system. :eek:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a TI but sold it 2 weeks ago. the 159 we have now is a non TI.

How much do you reckon it would cost to paint all 4 calipers?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My danish isn't the best but i think the kit inlcudes calipers, pads, braided pipes and maybe discs. 10,500 dkk is about £1,200!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Three main options, depending on how much you want to spend and how much effort you want to go to -

Replace with the ones off the Ti (either search scrapyards, but probably not very common, or buy new; either way, it's not a cheap option unless you get lucky second hand and are prepared to fit them yourself)
Get a garage to paint or powder coat them for you (either in-situ, or by getting them to dismantle them first; there's a company I've seen advertised on the internet that will paint them for you if you disasemble and post them off; cost seems to be £100-£300 depending on dismantling etc.)
Paint them yourself (either in-situ or by dismantling yourself).

I decided to just do it myself, on the car without dismantling. All you need is a wire brush, some cleaner, a new brush and a tin of red from Halfords, and some stickers off Ebay - whole job takes about 2-4 hours and costs less than £20. It obviously isn't as good a result as the other two options, but it's bloody cheap, and really effective - you only notice the quality difference if you are purposely looking from closer than a few feet away. Worth doing on any 159 with any wheels IMO.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Well i'll be considering option 1 for my spider at some point in the future, upgrade to new Alfa parts ... the only slight variation on this might be the disc itself, I did ask Brembo at Auto Italia about the complete setup of brakes ... and they said they made them for Alfa but the agreement with them is to supply the alfa parts and not sell as separate Brembo branded aftermarket parts ... when she goes in for a service (at the end of this month) I'll find out official prices for the parts I need and post here if people are interested

·
Registered
176 Posts

Thanks
hi i am looking for a set of TI alloys did you buy new, I am just looking for the best deal any advice or info :thumbs:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts