Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this question has been asked before but I cannot find the thread. I have finally found a set of (330mm) GT callipers for my (305mm) GTA ones but they will need to be re-coated (heat and chemical resistant – much like the OE calliper coating).

Is there is a proprietary (off the shelf) product - that has been tried, tested and works - that I can apply myself. Or, are there known suppliers (JHB) who do proper powder coating (obviously heat and chemical resistant and,….red please).

Also, someone on the forum was able to make/access the silver alfa calliper logo. Who I that person?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick response, Avi - I presume the clear coat is heat and chemical resistant too? Do you have Stefaans' contact details? If you do please PM this to me. many thanks

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
remind me now. do the white stickers stay on, or do you spray white, put stickers, spray red, then peel the stickers off to reveal the white below, then clear?

If you just put stickers and clear, does the white vinyl not discolour with temperature?

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I'm going to do mine this weekend using the method that Arthur suggested. Think Avi also mentioned this method before.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Stickers are cheap. Vector files are available on brandsoftheworld. A sticker company charged me R150 for 6.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
The vinyl stickers stay on the caliper. If made of suitable high temp vinyl then they do not discolour or peel.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I wanted to do the method stated above, but too impatient & i cocked it up, so just painted, put on the stickers & cleared, looks great! Stefaans said he uses this method as well. I know a guy who can make up stickers for you as well, who's in Midrand but you will need to provide the dimensions. Cribs 061 496 8395

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
okay sweet so decent vinyl does the job?

mine are starting to look scrappy. and the rears have zero clear coat left so are very dull and a PITA to clean.

I want to do the "Alfa Romeo" with "by BREMBO" in small below. Seen it somewhere and looks good. Wasn't this standard on some newer cars?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Also, what the story with multi layer VHT paint? do you need to heat them up to cure between coats? So before you spray clear? Or do it all in one go and let it cure on the road?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
1 - 20 of 57 Posts