Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad used to own a 1980 giulietta. He really likes Alfas. Just now he owns an old V6 Ford and wants to buy a V6 Probe (lady mobile). I suggested a 155 V6 instead. "love to" he said, "but i don't have 10 grand". He nearly creamed his undees when I told him you could get a decent one for £2000. Gonna keep working on him, i'll reconvert the old fart.

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Probe versus 155........he has to think about it?????

Amazing how many people think it costs a fortune to buy an Alfa Romeo. Who else gets the "Ooooh, Alfa Romeo" bit from people when they find out what you drive?

The reality is it can cost a fortune to maintain one if its a dog!!!

Keep working on the old man then he can come on here and embarrass you as only parents can wink

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Errr......if he's gonna emabarrass me, maybe i'll let 'im buy the Probe.

You're right about the maintenance costs though. My dad did remember having to pay a fortune for bits on the old Guilietta.

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uhoh............more of JB's personal confessions on the way!!!!!

Don't think your Dad has too much to worry about, the Probe (another opportunity for ya JB) will probably cost him just as much to maintain and he'll have to admit to people he drives something with such a stupid, obviously mid-life crisis kinda name.

V6 Alfa Romeo will get most people's respect whereas Probe will get sniggers!!!!

wrinx

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, what were Ford thinking about with the Probe. They just didn't get it right.

Poor replacement fot the Capri (nostalgic sigh) Giving my age away now.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Creases me, they had so much stick about the name but still kept it!!! Capri's.........had two of 'em...........oh dear!!!!

wrinx

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
my first two cars were capris and i still miss them.....wrinx hows the new GF..i looked on aroc derb and one young lady who signed the guest book sounded like she needed a man. :D :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New g/f is a much younger model but I couldn't possibly tell you about the condition and service history or the abuse she's currently receiving in my hands eek! eek!

The lady who has signed the Derbyshire guestbook is selling a 3.0 75 if anyone is interested. Sounds like she loved it to bits but has gotta sell now.

wrinx

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
One of my mates has a V6 Probe. Apparently it was a bargin price (surprise).

Did you know it was based on a Mazda floorpan? I think it shows.

I laugh at him.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys,
How can you compare The faceless Probe, with the legendary Capri!
Don't tell anyone, but I've had 5 Capris (pre Alfa days), and used to be in The Capri Owners Club for a while.
Incidentally, I hear Ford are going to revive the Capri name, in a retro type "thing", similar to what VW have done with the Beatle.

Mark.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I agree with the "you've got an alfa romeo" syndrome...It's no more expensive to own a 155 than a fecking toyota carina (bar the fuel)..If your old man wants to hate every moment he's in a car ...then let him buy the probe....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts