Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just had a part replaced under warranty at an alfa garage, its a used car warranty and alfa have used a reconditioned part which they did not tell me about and i did not realise until i looked at the paperwork after taking the car home. I feel cheated on this and think i should have a new part. Are they within their rights to do this?

I would like to tell them that I want a new part, not reconditioned, can i do so? I still planning on calling them up and telling them im not that impressed even if i cant win this.

Jay

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
What part was it? Alfa use a lot of reconditioned parts, a lot of parts sold as reconditioned are in fact new..

·
Registered
38,247 Posts
Some parts are not available new. The part they replaced may no longer be made.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's standard with all manufacturers. All parts are reconditioned to as new standard.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on the paperwork it says reconditioned compressor. it was for something that was leaking oil at the front of the car

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I personally wouldn't worry about it, if it was Alfa supplied (ie not a reconditioned part from a breakers ;)) then it will have been reconditioned to a very high standard or most probably new!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Wouldnt worry about it, even if something was to go wrong with it, would still be covered by parts warranty. Hassle I know but all is good:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had a 'new' MAF provided by a main dealer and then noticed it said 'reconditioned' on the invoice - I asked if I can pay more for a brand new part and they said no, it's the only type they do.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for clarifying this for me.

i have the used car warranty that alfa gave me when i bought the car from them, the company is car care plan

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
I've had a recon' alternator in the past and a recon' gearbox and they've been fine.

Everything that moves or wears is usually new.. only the stuff that doesn't do anything (like the casing) is re-used, though obviously cleaned first.

Don't worry aboot it.

Ralf S.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts