Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Recommended Wax used to polish the AR..

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Smallville 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a wax that i could use to shine my GT? someone did suggest the turtle wax to me but i am not entirely sure about it. how about autoglym? which one is better the turtle wax or the autoglym.

thanks

GG

#3 ·
I have used Meguiars car cleaning products for many years now and find them truly awesome. If I still have the pictures of my old calibra and fto after a polish I will post them for you to see the mirror-like finish I achieved with meguiars.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Autoglym Super Resin Polish is a very mild abrasive (polish) that also contains some fillers. The polish removes some of the oxidised/swirled top coat and the fillers mask the remaining imperfections, so you get a nice shine.

Once you "cut" the surface though you should apply a wax so that the fillers and fresh paint are protected.

So.. Autoglym SRP first.. then a wax on top.

A/Glym do an HD Wax£££ and also an Extra Gloss Protection, both of which will protect the new surface.. but waxes is a topic all on its own.

Ralf S.

#8 ·
For dark metallic colours this combination works amazing, better then any wax i have ever tried.

One coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection followed by two coats of Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnuba Paste Wax.

I know it's deer but when you see the result it's all worth it. Makes the metallic flakes pop out with clarity and gives a dripping wet gloss reflective finish.

Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products

Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax - Blackfire Car Care and Detailing Products

G
#13 ·
Hey there,

I use a number of different items, I use a hard/soft wax like Dodo Juice or Autoglym HD wax, then I use Autoglym Aquawax as a interm idea. Comes up really well, have a look at my pictures of the Dodo Juice and the Aquawax :D

#16 ·
gg.. as you can see, waxes is a topic that can run and run.. you really should find one that you like, which suits your car and the way you use it.

The main thing.. is to use a mild polish (e.g. A/Glym SRP) first and then wax it afterwards.

Ralf S.

G
#18 ·
what you will find is that some people also put an wax on after the car has been polished...

I generally use Autoglym Super resin polish (SRP) and then use Dodo Purple velvet, this was developed for dark cars and it really does look the doggies rear swingers once it has been done with this, once i have done this then the car will get washed and dried off, and every 2-3 months i will reapply the SRP and dodo again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.