Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local car wash use those awful leather chamois for removing excess water (that cause swirl marks) - what do you recommend as a non-swirl-mark-causing alternative material?

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I've never caused a swirl mark with a quality chamois....you just have to get a good one piece one and make sure its thoroughly soaked before wringing it out and using it. People get marks from using them with dry hard bits in. Apart from microfibre (with is OK but very difficult to wring out) I have not found a better alternative to chamois. And knowing that a sheep (none are made from chamois goats anymore) was killed to put a shine on my car and then eating a nice bit of lamb shoulder just adds to the enjoyment!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Absolutely superb, IMHO

Close 2nd..

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Costco do a massive drying waffle towel that works great.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Swirls are usually caused by dirty cloths or on contaminated surfaces, dragging crud across the paint.

Good microfibre drying towels are worth their weight in gold but I’d recommend getting 2 or 3 as I use a few over my car at any one time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absolutely superb, IMHO

Close 2nd..

Thanks for the recommendation - have ordered the waffle towel looks just the job!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts