Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have misplaced my OBD2 USB KKL VAG COM interface and green/yellow/red adapters :disappointed:
Have searched high and low for months now but no luck, so I'll have to replace them.
It's a good while since I bought these so I'm wondering if there is anything updated that I should consider.

What is the difference between the OBD2 USB KKL VAG COM and the OBD2 USB ELM 327 interfaces?

Mine is a G170 JTDm, but also have many other Alfas / Fiats that will need looking at.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not an expert but I think you're supposed to get the "modified" ELM 327 for Alfa/Fiat. Have a search on e-bay for "modified elm327 alfa". I bought one and it works fine. You only need the the other cables if you need to connect to things like power steering, ABS etc but ypu can buy them as part of the same package.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I used to use the K line interface with MES for my 147, but I moved to the ELm 327 interface with my Giulietta and I use the coloured adaptors. Hope that is of some help. The wife has a brand new Fiat 500 but I've not had a need to plug into that yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts