Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm looking for a shipping agent who can assist with shipping a car from South Africa to New Zealand. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Hi Kiwi,

I am not affiliated to any shipping line but on a personal side I would recommend Maersk line to ship your goods. Contact Maersk offices in the port city that you wish to export from, and ask them to recommend a shipping agent. Contact details:

Cape Town: +2721-408-6000
Durban: +2731-336-7145
East London: +2743-813-0105
Johannesburg: +2711-277-3700
Port Elizabeth: +2741-501-3000

Head office in Cape Town, as well as their customer service agent details:

Head office
Visiting address: Roggebaai Place, 8th Floor, 4 Jetty Street, Foreshore, Cape Town
Mail address:
Zip:
City: Cape Town
Country/territory: South Africa
VAT no:
Phone: Switchboard: +2721-408-6000

Customer Services: +2721-408-6888
Fax: +2721-408-6696

Email:
Export Customer Service (Reefer & Dry) [email protected]
Import Customer Service (Reefer & Dry) [email protected]
Export & import Sales - General Cargo [email protected]

Opening hours: Mon-Fri 8:00-17:00

offices

Cheers

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
You have a lot of confidence in my old employer? I would then try to put the car inside a container with tie-downs. On an open flatbed, you also pay for the space above your slot that can't be used.

Johann Swart brought a white RX-7 from Japan by another company and the car stood on deck. He had to polish for 6 months to get the soot from the ship's engines out of the paint.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Totally off subject - Once a load of Reefers (cooled containers) were loaded on a ship, plugged in and we left Japan for the UK. Well the English Chief mate, who is in charge of cargo were not the sharpest knife in the drawer. When we got to the UK, out of this container came a 500 Mercedes at -20C. The empty reefer was used for general cargo and that was the coolest Merc I have ever seen.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Totally off subject - Once a load of Reefers (cooled containers) were loaded on a ship, plugged in and we left Japan for the UK. Well the English Chief mate, who is in charge of cargo were not the sharpest knife in the drawer. When we got to the UK, out of this container came a 500 Mercedes at -20C. The empty reefer was used for general cargo and that was the coolest Merc I have ever seen.
hope it had antifreeze in the radiator :biglaugh:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
:cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

You have a lot of confidence in my old employer? I would then try to put the car inside a container with tie-downs. On an open flatbed, you also pay for the space above your slot that can't be used.

Johann Swart brought a white RX-7 from Japan by another company and the car stood on deck. He had to polish for 6 months to get the soot from the ship's engines out of the paint.
My sis in law works for their head office in CT.
I obviously expected inside a 6m container below deck of possible. You only lose your container if the ship goes down :smoker:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just loaded a GTV 3.0 race car on Monday . in container at Limbro park through British International Removals . They also ship to other countries . Current price to UK is 70k . Contact Ben .

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Kiwi,

I am not affiliated to any shipping line but on a personal side I would recommend Maersk line to ship your goods. Contact Maersk offices in the port city that you wish to export from, and ask them to recommend a shipping agent. Contact details:

Cape Town: +2721-408-6000
Durban: +2731-336-7145
East London: +2743-813-0105
Johannesburg: +2711-277-3700
Port Elizabeth: +2741-501-3000

Cheers
Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info, I'll contact them to see if they can help.

Cheers
Jules

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just loaded a GTV 3.0 race car on Monday . in container at Limbro park through British International Removals . They also ship to other countries . Current price to UK is 70k . Contact Ben .
Hi Kevin,

Ouch, looks like South Africans get taken advantage of in the same way as Kiwis... to ship a car from UK to NZ is the equivalent of R30k. I guess it's all about economies of scale and all those usual excuses...

Thanks for taking the time for posting the info, I'll contact British International and ask for a quote.

Cheers
Jules

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, maybe this info will be useful to someone now. I only trust this company to transport my car (this one shipvehicles.com). I take this issue very seriously, to be honest, all the issues that arise in my life. Therefore, I will not trust anyone with my swallow. But unfortunately, I don't know if they work with New Zealand. So, I think they ship cars all over the world. In my opinion, a good transport company must be verified so as not to get into trouble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts