Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I need a new rear calliper / refurb on the right rear. Ive had a terrible squeak on the car and now that I have taken the calliper off it seems the piston is either stuck or incredibly stiff.

Does anyone have a recommendation for online shop selling replacements..... id be happy enough to give a refurb a go, but it depends on price.

Are all GTV/Spider rear callipers the same across the range and years? Also, if I buy a new calliper, will I need to buy a new seal kit / piston etc, or does it come as 'complete' piece?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
£20 (or equivalent) second hand unit, it's been a while since I checked the type but likely to be the same on all gtv/spiders and a whole host of other Alfas you'd need to check but 145,6,7 155,6 are likely candidates ;)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Give Autolusso a call they have them in stock!
Good call on AL - the 1st reply also reminded me of Italia auto parts, who posts on here, so ive just PM'd him. He did a good job with the CAT I ordered back in June.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Phase 1 and phase 2 calipers are different, the 1 is steel and 2 is alloy. There is a company on ebay called big red who do the kit for the front brembo's but I'm not sure about the rear.

Prob easier to just buy a second hand one in my opinion

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was given the complete run around by Italia Parts, which I found very surprising considering the good service they gave me back in the summer - hopefully only a one off from them.

So I have ordered one from AutoLusso - super easy, thanks for the head up - for some reason they had completely slipped my mind on this occasion.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to round up the thread...... I finally got the new calliper mounted today - met various battles along the way as you do with these cars (seized bolts and so on).... I did it all myself except for the bleeding process (dont have a helper at the moment and id rather this bit be done by a pro), so the local garage in the village sorted that for me - and the squeak is gone!! wooo hoo!

However, whilst bleeding the brakes the mechanic found that BOTH front CV gaiters are ripped, so its booked in next week for them...... it never ends with these cars :(

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I was given the complete run around by Italia Parts, which I found very surprising considering the good service they gave me back in the summer - hopefully only a one off from them.

So I have ordered one from AutoLusso - super easy, thanks for the head up - for some reason they had completely slipped my mind on this occasion.
sorry about that. when you brought it i was away on holiday, while i was away the item was sold to someone else and i wasnt told. please dont assume this is my normal service. please try me again and i'll make up for it. cheers neil

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its alright Neil, **** happens sometimes and I was fair enough to mention that in the summer you gave excellent service.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts