Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got good experiences for wheel alignment oop north? I need mine doing but don't want a Mickey Mouse job doing and have to go and get it done again and again.

The intention is to use Old Engineers' new fangled setup to stop uneven tyre wear.

Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
I had my GTs 4 wheels aligned at Halfords Autocentre round the corner from work, when they did the MOT. Can't fault their work, transformed the car.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Ive read good things about nigel langs in bolton. I think they use a hunter system.
Im also from sunny preston and plan to pay nigel a visit soon!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I use RE performance in bury for my wheel alignment, I prob get it checked at least once a year as its worth the savings on new tyres

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Anyone got good experiences for wheel alignment oop north? I need mine doing but don't want a Mickey Mouse job doing and have to go and get it done again and again.

The intention is to use Old Engineers' new fangled setup to stop uneven tyre wear.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Thanks for the reference but I can't claim all the praise. Although I've done an awful lot of tyre testing and knew what I was looking for the answer was buried in that awful sticky at the top. Unfortuantely it degenerated into a 'Who can find the cheapest tyres' rather than alignment (and there are still alot of people here who don't care enough).

The trick was knowing that Prodrive Breras didn't have this problem. The answer was on Page 28 thus...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/132676-159-brera-spider-tyre-wear-issues-vip-revised-information-28.html#post3073678

So I started a new thread to try and keep it on subject (but I still find 'cheap tyre' people polluting the clarity)

And thanks to Dave C for keeping the message clear.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reference but I can't claim all the praise. Although I've done an awful lot of tyre testing and knew what I was looking for the answer was buried in that awful sticky at the top. Unfortuantely it degenerated into a 'Who can find the cheapest tyres' rather than alignment (and there are still alot of people here who don't care enough).

The trick was knowing that Prodrive Breras didn't have this problem. The answer was on Page 28 thus...

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-and-946-spider/132676-159-brera-spider-tyre-wear-issues-vip-revised-information-28.html#post3073678

So I started a new thread to try and keep it on subject (but I still find 'cheap tyre' people polluting the clarity)

And thanks to Dave C for keeping the message clear.
So the light bulb moment was pg 28, Green Berlina's post? And the settings you promote are based on this?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
So the light bulb moment was pg 28, Green Berlina's post? And the settings you promote are based on this?
Not a 'light bulb moment' but it is the setting and more important the tolerance needed. You can spend a couple of hours going through the stages of; Indignation; Alfa Responses; Connection to 156; Zero settings; More considered Settings; before it diminishes into cheap tyres but you will get frustrated. The important thing is that Engineers elsewhere understood what Alfa had done and the path to change.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts