Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that'll do :thumbs:

the ones that came with the ipod have gone all manky, they're 5yrs old now and the rubber on the ear bit has all gone off. looks like they're covered in clumps of earwax :vomit:

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
You'd be surprised how much difference a quality pair can make - certainly improve massively on the cacky ones Apple supply.
But if you can get a 'decent' pair for £1 (I find it hard to believe the Poundland ones are any better than decent!) are you willing to pay £30 or more instead? If you are Sennheiser are very good, but I have a pair of Creative ones which are absolutely excellent.

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
I'd get the £1 ones and see what you think then. Can't hurt, can it?

N

·
0 Posts
Sennheiser every time.

Why put cheap crap headphones on your expensive MP3 player? :confused:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
nah, wouldn't want to go to £30. was thinking more like £15-20 tops

:rolleyes: there is a MASSIVE difference once you get towards the £30 mark ... it's well worth it IMHO (i've been looking at some £70 ... but I can't quite justify that amount)

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Sennheiser every time.

Why put cheap crap headphones on your expensive MP3 player? :confused:
Since buying a pair last year, I have to agree.

The difference in sound quality over my old creative pair is huge.

I was lucky to get the pair I did when Maplin's had a sale, combined with one of their e-vouchers if you spend over £30, £50, £100 etc. I paid about £30 (1/2 price)

Maybe wait until the Christmas/New Year sales and get a decent pair fella :thumbs: but just buy a set now for one golden nugget to tide you over.

·
Administrator
45,546 Posts
These are the ones I got, and they're bloomin' marvelous.

Aurvana In-Ear Earphones | Creative Store (UK)

I found them on sale, and requested them as a present though. Despite the fact that I agree you can get a lot better earphones if you're willing to pay, that price still gave me palpitations!

·
Administrator
87,066 Posts

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
I would say that if you're used to Sennheiser ones, poundland ones may come up slightly short it has to be said. However, when they got chewed by the dog, or stood on, or broken by your daughter, the costs are easier to bear.

They are easily as good as the £5-10 one made by known electronics brands in my experience.

N

·
0 Posts
I've got a set of iPod one going free to whoever wants them.

(To be fair the Poundland ones would be better. ;))

N

·
0 Posts
Make that 2 sets.

From the iPod Touch V1.

Including Apple stickers and iPod screen cleaners.

The Screen cleaners must be special as they are branded "iPod".

Anyone?

·
Administrator
87,066 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts