Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Making a bolognese and just opened a can of chopped tomatoes with a manual tin opener (my last electric one broke) then got stuck....then SPLAT! Mess EVERYWHERE and just happened to be wearing a pale mohair cardi! :mad:

PLEASE....someone recommend me a decent tin opener!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Making a bolognase and just opened a can of chopped tomatoes with a manual tin opener (my last electric one broke) then got stuck....then SPLAT! Mess EVERYWHERE and just happened to be wearing a pale mohair cardi! :mad:

Your husband:lol:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Only buy tins with ring pulls :D

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Making a bolognese and just opened a can of chopped tomatoes with a manual tin opener (my last electric one broke) then got stuck....then SPLAT! Mess EVERYWHERE and just happened to be wearing a pale mohair cardi! :mad:

Here you go:

Culinare EasiCan Can Opener (C10005)

works every time, no splats, and cheap :):thumbs:

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
There are no good tin openers on the market. The expensive ones are no better than the cheapies. My wife uses a new Kenwood electric one she bought but it hates me and won't play ball. I use my Swiss army knife when desperate but usually put the can back in the cupboard.

M

·
0 Posts
There are no good tin openers on the market. The expensive ones are no better than the cheapies. My wife uses a new Kenwood electric one she bought but it hates me and won't play ball. I use my Swiss army knife when desperate but usually put the can back in the cupboard.
One of these works a treat............cooks the contents as well as opening the lid :thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
We went through a batch of carp openers, the wilkies one we have now does the trick, was about a fiver, one of the chunky handled types that close onto the lid.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
This might sound like a daft question DD but are you left handed Jan's a leftie and she has terrible trouble with can openers :)

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lateral thinking: wear an apron?
I DID don one of my Cath Kidston pinnies after removing and soaking my tomato splattered mohair cardi but my question was recommend me a tin opener. :tut: :lol:

This might sound like a daft question DD but are you left handed Jan's a leftie and she has terrible trouble with can openers :)
No, not a leftie! Just need one that won't break.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts