Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking to purchase a new headunit for my GTV.

I am looking for a headunit with MP3/WMA etc playback and a USB input on the front panel.

Oh and it must be less than £120 or so.

My last one was a Sony CDXGT434U and whilst I liked the ease of use I was not that impressed with the sound quality compared to the original (factory fit) Alpine unit in my 156.

Can anyone suggest an alternative that isn't a sony?

Cheers.

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm liking the look of this one, its a lil over £120 but it looks smart . Tho I think the USB might be in the back :(
Car Audio Direct - Alpine CDE-9880R - CD Player YOu can prob pick it up a bit cheaper on a few sites.
Funnily enough I was looking at that particular one earlier today.

Great minds think alike eh?? :D

The only problem I can see is the lack of USB port (play songs from memory stick)
This one looks good though and is cheaper.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cde101r-p-7164.html

I like Alpine Units, not keen on Clarion or Sony though. Thats just personal preference.

One I certainly wouldn't touch is Wharfedale. The brand is now owned by Argos, as is often attached to some cheap and nasty rubbish.

I bought one a couple of years ago and had nothing but trouble with it. :rant:

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Dont touch ripspeed either , mine is awful :rolleyes: Its got a CD jammed in it :lol:

I like that Alpine one , its looks smart not cheap and tacky like some stereos i've seen :thumbs:
Seems a pretty fair price aswell :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
The Alpine stuff is really good for the money, good quality and reliable..........I have one in each of my 156 and they suit the interior well. The ipod cable is very easy to install and browsing your ipod is very straight forward

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I have decided on the Alpine now. They have also been recommended to me alsewhere.

I am not too worried about iPod connectability though as I don't have one. The USB stick input is important though as thats my preferred method of playing. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts