Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, some spatially unaware Civic reversed into my Giulietta yesterday, scratching and damaging the rear bumper and side panel.

Can anyone advise on a body shop in Dublin (northside pref) who will return it to it's full glory.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Not on the Northside but Dennings are just off the M50 at the Tallaght exit (Spa Well side). Have used them before and the service was excellent.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, going to pop out to them and see.

Pain in the arse, but just want her fixed up :)

D

·
0 Posts
Axa crash repairs did my company car and did a great job of it to be fair in the Robbinhood industrial estate.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Not on the Northside but Dennings are just off the M50 at the Tallaght exit (Spa Well side). Have used them before and the service was excellent.
I didn't find them all too great. I went out there one morning for a quote and a dealt with a disinterested individual who said he would give me a call back with a quote- heard nothing back from them so needless to say I didn't avail of their services. Waste of a morning. On the other hand I hear there repairs are quite good but expect to pay for it.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The repair work I had done by Dennings cost around 50% of the quotes I got from 2 other accident repair places. It was a big enough job too.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The repair work I had done by Dennings cost around 50% of the quotes I got from 2 other accident repair places. It was a big enough job too.
A mate of mine brought his Golf down there and got a quote over €300 for a respray job to the rear bumper. He got the same job done elsewhere for just a tad under €200. The repair shops that handle a lot of the insurance claims tend to be a bit more on the pricey side.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
The job I had done in Dennings was for cash (but through the books). I hear what you are saying about insurance places, but where bodywork is involved as opposed to just painting, it's best not to take any chances. One of the lads on here was showing us the job he had done following a tip and it was truly shocking - I'm recommending Dennings because they did a very good job for me and the price I paid vs the price I was quoted elsewhere was very competitive.

I'd certainly recommend the OP get several quotes and not just go to the first place recommended by me.

If the OP wasn't in Dublin, I'd advise him to use another guy I have used several times, but he's in Donegal.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I've heard trimtech in airside swords, are quite good, no personal experience with them, but if I was getting work done I'd give them a shout.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Out at Dennings and got comprehensive quote, getting another 1-2 this week as well.

I'm not footing the bill, but equally want the job done right and least amount of hassle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
never used them before but they do exceptional work, and the owner is a great guy im sure if he heard about someone coming across as disinterested he'd have something to say to him!!!
sorry to hear about the car dude best of luck with it..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts