Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I been a member here for quite a while but I am finally in a position where l can buy my first Alfa!

I've decided on a GT ideally a petrol. I've got around the £4000 mark. I've been reading up on a petrol engine either the 1.8 or 2.0. Can't afford the V6 :/

Can anyone guide me with what the best engine is, and also what to look out for.
I will only be doing about 20 miles a day so feel the diesel is pointless. I'm not a boy racer so I dont care about lightning speed, reliability is the key for me, heard the 2.0 can be oil friendly but I think they do a 2.0TS and a 2.0JTS. I assume one is 8v? And the other a 16v.

Im hoping to buy the facelift version, is there much difference?

I appreciate you get these sorts of questions on a daily basis and I'm sorry if I'm clogging up the forums but I want to make sure l get the best advice l can before l buy one.

I appreciate everyones feedback good or bad And l look forward to uploading some photos soon :)

Thanks Again

Mark

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
The 1.8 will be the most reliable as the 2.0jts can give injector trouble.

Whichever you buy just keep on top of servicing and maintenance and it will treat you well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I second that, the 2.0 does like to eat coil packs... If you change your mind on the diesel I have a red 2009 Cloverleaf 1.9JTDm which I will be selling in a few weeks not to far from your price range...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys Thanks for your feedback, Notts it's gotta be a petrol I'm afraid otherwise L would have snapped it up.

I have spoke to a specalist near me in Yeovil they have a 1.8 Blackline coming in soon. I'm gonna check it out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Haha rxe, I scoped that car earlier when I was checking wheels out... I wouldn't want an LPG though.... Just something about whizzing about with a big gas tank effectively strapped to you a**e doesn't really do it for me...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I second that, the 2.0 does like to eat coil packs... If you change your mind on the diesel I have a red 2009 Cloverleaf 1.9JTDm which I will be selling in a few weeks not to far from your price range...
Hi do you have any more details Notts price miles mot history?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi do you have any more details Notts price miles mot history?
Hi Mark. It's a 2009 GT Cloverleaf JTDm 170 in Alfa Rossi Red with black leather and BOSE. Now sporting a set of 18" Jet Fin alloys. She has done 129k with lovely hist - Owned by a woman the first five years (who I have spoken to) and she had it serviced 10 times inc the cambelt and it's been serviced since she had it. Have just had it MOT'd and spent near £500 mainly on suspension bits inc both lower front arms. I still have a couple little bits to do on her like a rear parking sensor and am waiting for a new drivers window switch to arrive but then she will be spot on. I am starting to like it now though tbh... Haha - If I can bring myself to sell it then I should think I'd probably want about £4400 for it which I don't think will look dear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts