Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a facelift interiour 156.
I have a bugget of £150, it needs to match the silver dash, have red illumination and be compatible with the steering controls.
And have good radio reception as the standard headunit is pants.
I was thinking of a blaupunkt mp56 casablanca.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Blaupunkt-Casablanca-MP56-Car-CD-MP3-Player_W0QQitemZ110382682856QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP?hash=item110382682856&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1689|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

i think this looks great value for money but i dont know if it is any good or if it will work with the steering controls.

Recomendations please.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It wasnt me mate. But all pictures and recommendations are more than welcome. :):)

does the steering controls work with it.?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
i think it might be discontinued now, but i stuck a Pioneer DEH-P40MP in mine and it's a perfect match. Great FM reception but not very good MW (which i'm not bothered about). Makes the factory speakers sound great though! I also use the MP3 jack to play music off my Sony Xperia phone and the combination is particularly good. Very rich sounds!

cost me about 85 quid (new) off ebay i think, and then 40 quid for the steering controls adapter (car audio direct)

I want to get one with bluetooth now, though. When i can afford it!

what about this one?

Car Audio Direct - JVC KD-BT11 - CD Player

·
Registered
116 Posts
maz24

Can you connect this model up to the steering controls?

I think it looks pretty good, much better than the horrible thing that is in my 156

Dave

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
the alpine CDE-9882Ri is still listed on the UK website, so presumably still available ('08 model). should suit your needs.

CDE-9882Ri - Alpine - Europe - Mobile Media Solutions

i presume your car does not have the Bose amplifier/speakers/sub? this would benefit from a headunit with '4V' preouts or higher.

those headunits that feature a steering wheel control input (the 9882Ri does), still require an external interface that is extra cost. basically, NO headunit will plug straight into the alfa control plug (the GREEN mini-ISO plug) and be compatible. an interface 'translates' alfa commands into brand-specific commands (eg: alfa-alpine interace).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts