Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a Jump Starter at Maplins at £25, how ever it is too weak to start my 2.0 Twin Spark engine.

However I thought, if you connect the Jump Starter to the battery an recharge the Jump Starter by connecting to the mains 230 V. It should recharge the Car Battery.

As the only option I have is to call an mechaninc or buy a new battery.
I would probably buy a new battery as calling a mechanic to Jump Start the car costs only £15 less. And I don't know if the battery is still okay.

What you think ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
well, first thing I'd take back the jump starter and get my £25 back, not up to the job. Either get the new battery or buy you'r self a trickle charger.

A

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had a couple of these starter packs, (the tyre inflator fails) and never had a problem starting anything, cars bikes etc, sounds like your battery.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
i have actualy charged a battery up with a starter back on my Mk4 RS Turbo but.. if u got a v6 just buy a new battery.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I have been told (by an AA man) that if you use a boost/hump starter on a car with a complex modern ecu, you can fry it, as boost starters deliver over the 12v ......
Get a battery charger, and possibly a new battery, most motor factors will test your battery for nothing

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I have been told (by an AA man) that if you use a boost/hump starter on a car with a complex modern ecu, you can fry it, as boost starters deliver over the 12v ......
Get a battery charger, and possibly a new battery, most motor factors will test your battery for nothing
mk4s didnt have ecus lol

They used the bosch k-jetronic fuel injection. Witch was like a plate, More air forced in the more the plate would open (forcing more fuel into the injectors). The newer RST used EFI tho :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts