Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I read the forum (unfortunately) after buying the car. I wish i would have read the problems before buying the car. Any how now I have the car.

I bought 147 3 Door Selespeed 4 weeks back and drove for about 200 kms (approx) without any problem. All of a sudden a day back when I break to stop at the red light , the car shifted from city mode to manual and got in Neutral. After that I couldnt put the car in any gear.

I switched off the engine and started again. I could put the car in gear but after 1Km the car started shifting gear from 1 - 3 - 5 - Neutral and then if i put car in gear again it started doing the same.

Before taking it to the work shop I thought I will ask you guys that what kind of damage I am looking for and how much it can cost.

Thanks
HA

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Are you getting the selespeed warning light on the dash (gearbox symbol in rev counter)? Any warning beeps? Have you checked the selespeed fluid level? Small reserviour on far left side of engine bay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not getting any warning in the display. Display looks all good.

I am new alfa , (driven holden for 6 years). How do I check the fluid level and if its less which fluid should I fill in ?

Thanks
HA

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Do you have a handbook? If not you might want to download it - do a search.

Selespeed fluid is in the reservior on the left side of the engine bay. Symbol of a gearbox on the cap I think. There's a little dipstick attached to the cap. If it's low you need some Tutela CS, from an Alfa dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi ,

Yes I checked the oil and its at the Max level.

I started the car today and tried to put it in the first gear. It goes automatically from 1 to 3 repeatedly. (There is a click click noise comes from under the bonnet.

Another query - When I bought the car , the guy said you need to keep the car on for about 5 minutes before you drive in the morning (Is that True ?) .

Thanks
HA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts