Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've recently bought an Alfa Mito 135 distinctive, not my first Italian car but the first Alfa. However given my family history I was always likely to end up with one at some point...

My dad owned several minis in his youth, but when my mum was expecting me he needed something bigger and more sensible. He bought an alfasud. It turned out to be the first of many, I think he had 7 in total, the last being a y-reg gold cloverleaf in an off white sort of colour. Followed by two 33s, a 146, a brief flirtation with a BMW before back to Alfa with three 156s and by the time my sister and I had grown up and got our own cars he bought a 2007 Alfa spider.

My own Italian car story starts in 2004 when I bought a car I had always wanted, a lancia delta integrale, which I bought at the bottom end of the market, used and abused all year round as a daily driver for several years before the inevitable rust took hold, and following a big end bearing failure I decided to break the car.

I then moved onto bmws for several years, ( and still have an e30 and e36 m3) before purchasing my mito last spring.

Back in 2015 my mum was looking for a car to replace her 2006 fiat punto sporting which she loved. She was really after another punto, but struggled to find any with low enough miles and an engine that wasn't a downgrade from the 1.4 16v she was used to. In the end I suggested looking at mitos as there seemed to be more around with engine and equipment specs equal to or better than her punto. And being based on the same platform I knew she would be happy with the size and how they drove.

Eventually I spotted a car in a really nice spec which looked great in the photos on autotrader, one owner, only 12,000 miles, so we looked at it, loved it and put down a deposit.

Fast forward to spring 2019. My sister has had a son, and my mum is now a granny. She was finding getting him in and out of the car seat fairly awkward and had concerns about how she would get him out quickly should the worst happen and they be involved in an accident. So she bought a 67reg Giulietta super.

As I'd always been fond of her mito and we both thought it would be a shame to lose to the trade as a trade-in, she offered to sell it to me for whatever the garage would have offered her as trade in value, so I sold one of my cars and became the owner of an Alfa mito.

It's a 2012 multiair 135 distinctive in biancospino white with the usual distinctive pack extras, plus red leather interior, 3rd rear seat, heated front seats, auto climate control, tomtom and bi-xenon headlights.

Since owning it I have put on a 5 digit private reg which meant a front plate which would fit the raised section on the bumper with the huge uk spec plate holder removed, a set of Michelin 4s tyres, a ramair foam filter in the standard airbox, a vented dump valve spacer, a bluespark tuning box, replaced the rusted through rear silencer with a straight through stainless one keeping the original tailpipe, fitted some rear wheel spacers, a set of ST coilovers and some led high beam bulbs.

That's it for now, I'm happy with how it looks, sounds and drives and is doing a great job as an everyday runaround.

Well done to anyone who's made it this far!

Attachments

·
Administrator
86,752 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,855 Posts
Hello Harry and welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Great family history of Alfa ownership you've got there :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts