Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That time of year again :(

Currently with CKI paid just over 850 quid last year, their renewal price was 813 this time round (with another year NCB I thought that wasnt good enough).

Best 'mainstream' quote was from Directline @ 780pounds but with a larger excess - CKI would match it, but wouldnt beat it by 10% as advertised on their website, which tbh got my back up a bit.

However.........:) A-Plan Insurance have just sold me a policy @ 689quid, 400 total excess and including european cover and legal costs. Very very happy with that. A-Plan are a broker but the company they are using is called Market Study.

Unsurprsingly, but still rather annoyingly Adrian Flux were way off the mark - best quote from them was over 1400quid!!

So 2007JTDm Spider, 24yrs old, 3 yrs ncb, no convictions/accidents @ 689 pounds.

Give A-plan a try folks - especially all you new LE owners.:thumbs:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I'm with Admiral... 1 years NCB, no convictions/points 23, Alfa 156 GTA, £1300 full comp :)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dan,

New policy is paid for now, but if you look in your system under my name I guess you can pull the details up. If you want to do that let me know and ill PM you.

Your chap at AF said that AIG was the best he could do at something just over 1400quid (figure escapes me now).

689 is a very good price, but your price is skyhigh - most mainstream insurers were coming in at the 900 mark, some less than that even.

TBH it was the same story last year at renewal time.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I phone Adrian Flux the other day to get a quote on my Alfa as my insurance runs out on the 9th.

I got quoted £900 for the same stuff as Direct Line want £650... :eek:

E

·
0 Posts
I'm with Admiral... 1 years NCB, no convictions/points 23, Alfa 156 GTA, £1300 full comp :)
Just renewed with Admiral too, every time I have to check they actually have the car down as a GTA 3.2. Guess I am just getting old now :cry:

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Hi Dan,

New policy is paid for now, but if you look in your system under my name I guess you can pull the details up. If you want to do that let me know and ill PM you.

Your chap at AF said that AIG was the best he could do at something just over 1400quid (figure escapes me now).

689 is a very good price, but your price is skyhigh - most mainstream insurers were coming in at the 900 mark, some less than that even.

TBH it was the same story last year at renewal time.
Yes please if i can have your surname and postcode i can look at it and see what the difference was.
Also if you don't mind putting in your pm what you got and the excess and who with it would be most appreciated.
Dan.

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
As reference to my previous post Adrian Flux would like the opportunity to re look at your quote's if we're considerably higher then others. We have noticed lately that we have not been competitive and would like to look into why.

Dan.

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
As reference to my previous post Adrian Flux would like the opportunity to re look at your quote's if we're considerably higher then others. We have noticed lately that we have not been competitive and would like to look into why.

Dan.
Hi Dan,

@ Adrian Flux:
Thank you for looking into this for us, with so many people posting that you are expensive, you had a right to know, secondly the whole point of insurance is to be competitive and I have always found AF to be that (This is why I invited you to AO in the first place.)

If you get no responses by Friday, please make a point of coming back here to say so.

@ Members with high quotes:
Although it would be too late to help you, please help AF to investigate the problem as others on this web site may benefit. Simply PM Dan your details or even just your telephone number so that he can contact you directly, it might be the easiest and most secure way to deal with each other.

Many thanks in advance...

Ian Bowles

·
Registered
73 Posts

Dan.
Cheers Dan, I have PM'd my details accross as my Spider LE should be collected on Wednesday and my AF quote was higher than the rest.

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks for the pm. It's being looked into now.
Dan.
Dan, thanks for getting that re-evaluated. The new quote was comparable to DL. As a result for your efforts and to hopefully maintain a relationship for future between AO and AF, have just purchased the policy for the car collecting tomorrow.

Thanks again!

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Dan, thanks for getting that re-evaluated. The new quote was comparable to DL. As a result for your efforts and to hopefully maintain a relationship for future between AO and AF, have just purchased the policy for the car collecting tomorrow.

Thanks again!
Thanks for the feedback and taking out the policy with us.
Dan.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you make any progress with mine Dan? Any obvious reasons for the 700pound price difference?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the other policy is signed and paid for, so I appreciate mine wont be top priority, but it would still be interesting to know...?

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Yes the other policy is signed and paid for, so I appreciate mine wont be top priority, but it would still be interesting to know...?

Hi.
So sorry i have not got back to you before now.
We spoke to the underwriters and they have been able to get it reduced but no where near to your other quote.

Dan

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, thats what I expected.

So was there any reason for the massive gulf in prices, after all thats what this thread was about in the first place, or is it just the case of they dont want the business?

Thats what I was most interested in knowing, as these club affiliated schemes are good in theory, but I have to say not so great in practice :(

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
Yes, thats what I expected.

So was there any reason for the massive gulf in prices, after all thats what this thread was about in the first place, or is it just the case of they dont want the business?

Thats what I was most interested in knowing, as these club affiliated schemes are good in theory, but I have to say not so great in practice :(

It's certainly not that we don't want your business far from it.
The insurer was not aware that we were not as close as the other companies. As a broker we get rates from the individual insurer but they are also with other brokers who might have even better rates with them hence why at times we are not competitive.
But we have spoken with them about it and are re-looking at the options.

Dan.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Find Adrian Flux (£800+) and Chirs Knott (£848,-) to expensive. My old insurance broker got it down to £500+ from other well known insurance companies.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts