Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this recall notice today; anyone else had it? Mine is going in a week Wednesday so will find out more then!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I called the dealer and apparently it was "already done" when i was last in a few weeks ago......and told it was just a software update (which has done horrible things to my car), but im really starting to not trust them now so waiting to hear what other work people are being told is done.

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
Mines a June 2015 but not got the recall yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This recall has nothing to do with an software update. Al we have to do is to lubricate the actuator rod on the gearbox.
ah! in that case the dealer was telling me complete:censored: rubbish....although i did get a tct update "apparently" which has played hell with the DNA system.

might stop off at another dealer on the weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ah! in that case the dealer was telling me complete:censored: rubbish....although i did get a tct update "apparently" which has played hell with the DNA system.

might stop off at another dealer on the weekend.
I think that the gearboxs needs a EOL (End of service Line), calibration. The TCT-ecu will relearn all the shifting patterns and checks the clutch release and slip position. This is normally enough to fix the complaints.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This recall has nothing to do with an software update. Al we have to do is to lubricate the actuator rod on the gearbox.
Oh dear;mine also told me it was a software update!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Who's the dealer talking rubbish? Just to steer clear
Im not going to name names as i very much like the guys there. Their work and willingness is great, just when work is done on my vehicle id like to know exactly what.

But more to the point why are some of us being told software update with no mention of the actuator getting a slap of grease?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm going in Wednesday for recall 5906 giulietta 2.0 with tct - transmission electric pump wiring.
Some wiring too close to the dpf or something. Mines a 2012. Previous owner never bothered getting it done!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I'm going in Wednesday for recall 5906 giulietta 2.0 with tct - transmission electric pump wiring.
Some wiring too close to the dpf or something. Mines a 2012. Previous owner never bothered getting it done!
Still need to get mine done aswell.. the recall is from last year, so not that long ago. I once had a car in that was supposed to get a recall done 20 years before!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's definitely a software update; had mine done today. However, nobody could tell me what it did, or what I was agreeing to be changed on my car. I find this very odd; any update to a PC or Apple product at least gives you an overview of the changes an update will make and you have an option as to whether install or not!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts